No announcement yet.

Decisions today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron was never gonna play more than 33% of games this season (ditto Rangel). Personally, I'd wrap them in cotton wool and save them for our mini-league games against fellow bottom-feeders where their nous/experience might help us nick some points in these "six-pointers". Scowen has an excellent engine and seems robust enough to stand-up to the 46 game grind of EFL without limping off mid-game or keeping sickbed warm for weeks on end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      So, the football is good aside from the final third and it’ll take time. I believe MW is the right man.

However, I find myself baffled by his decisions today.

1) we are at home playing with 1 upfront and are 1 nil down. Why, when Amos got injured, did we replace him with a defensive inferior player?

2) why did we then take Cameron off at half time?

3) why did we then take Smith off on 51 mins?

Surely on 30 mins when Amos went off we replace him with either Pugh, Chair or Wells? Why then take off Cameron AND Smith leaving 40 mins left to play with no subs left to make? What if someone got injured? What about getting Wells on as we were 1-0 down when all 3 subs were made....?

Im still scratching my head.
      We were saying the same thing last night.

Scowen on was a waste of a sub because he then subbed Cameron for Chair, when he could have just brought on the latter to replace Amos.

I also said that he had wasted his subs because we couldn't bring on a forward. Totally baffling substitutions by Warburton. Hopefully we wont be seeing those kind again.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        Thought only shocking decisions last night was from the linesman nearest loft ...he was putting up his flag everytime we attacked ...he woz waving away like he woz at Glastonbury
        The one where he flagged offside after Chair won possession and had a shot from outside the box was the strangest of the lot as there was no way he was offside and he wasn't passing the ball to an offside player.

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

Yeah at CB...he couldn’t possible be worse than barbet....the bloke is fast becoming a liability. BFG must be wondering what has to happen for him to get a game.
          Barbet is Lynch in disguise. He has so far conceded 2 penalties and provided a headed assist against Bristol City in 4 games. And yet Warburton is singing his praises because he can pass the ball well!! He also think that he is forming a good partnership with Hall. Leistner is a better defender and also a better threat at set pieces than Barbet, and although unlikely, I would like to see him back in the team against Wigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I'm assuming you are saying Cameron, Amos, Smith and Ball are better than Scowen at playing the CDM role yeah ?

I haven't seen Ball so can't comment and I'm a fan of Cameron so no arguments there.

Jury is out on Amos and Smith defensively for me though....way too lightweight and both are totally different players to Scowen. Technically both are way better than Scowen but in this division they will get bullied out of playing the technical side too often unless they toughen up quick. Neither should be played as CDM's though.
            I agree to some extent, but when Amos got injured I thought Chair should have replaced him because Cameron and Smith were the CDMs.

Comment

Working...
            X