Decisions today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions today

So, the football is good aside from the final third and it’ll take time. I believe MW is the right man.

However, I find myself baffled by his decisions today.

1) we are at home playing with 1 upfront and are 1 nil down. Why, when Amos got injured, did we replace him with a defensive inferior player?

2) why did we then take Cameron off at half time?

3) why did we then take Smith off on 51 mins?

Surely on 30 mins when Amos went off we replace him with either Pugh, Chair or Wells? Why then take off Cameron AND Smith leaving 40 mins left to play with no subs left to make? What if someone got injured? What about getting Wells on as we were 1-0 down when all 3 subs were made....?

Im still scratching my head.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    So, the football is good aside from the final third and it’ll take time. I believe MW is the right man.

1) we are at home playing with 1 upfront and are 1 nil down. Why, when Amos got injured, did we replace him with a defensive inferior player?

Surely on 30 mins when Amos went off we replace him with either Pugh, Chair or Wells? Why then take off Cameron AND Smith leaving 40 mins left to play with no subs left to make? What if someone got injured? What about getting Wells on as we were 1-0 down when all 3 subs were made....?

I think Cameron was definitely injured, and Smith as well was not moving too well, do not think in Smiths case u would sub a player 6 minutes into the half, I think he was trying to run off a knock, poor lad was finished anyway after his mistake, however it’s a lesson learned and hopefully he will come back stronger.

Comment

Was surprised Wells never got on , we needed a finisher Tonite

Comment

I cannot buy into the optimism surrounding Warburton and this team. As highlighted above in the substitutions Warburtons tactics are strange to say the least. We seem to be passing the ball around at the back for no real gain. Swansea showed last night that when using these tactics you need to break with pace and purpose. Pretty football does not win matches scoring goals does. BOS reminds me of Wayne Feraday plenty of pace but no end product. I like Chair and think he is the most creative player at the club. He needs to start. My preference on Saturday is 442 with this team Lumley Rangel Hall BFG Manning Pugh Scowen Ball Chair Hugill Wells. Reading what other teams fans said about Warburton when he was appointed this is unlikely to happen.

Comment

Thought only shocking decisions last night was from the linesman nearest loft ...he was putting up his flag everytime we attacked ...he woz waving away like he woz at Glastonbury

Comment

Forrest and Rangers fans on the whole were not convinced by MW,perhaps they know something we yet to find out.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

1 up front is our system home or away - injuries prevented us from bringing a second striker on, -he could have bought pugh on but scowen in his more advanced role was a logical replacement
              Cameron was struggling with an injury
              Smith is young and the game was passing him by a bit .- pugh did far more when he came on
              i think we were the better team after the 3 subs were made

Comment

Let's start saturday with the team we finished with last nite , would squeeze Wells in somewhere too

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  Let's start saturday with the team we finished with last nite , would squeeze Wells in somewhere too
                  Yeah at CB...he couldn’t possible be worse than barbet....the bloke is fast becoming a liability. BFG must be wondering what has to happen for him to get a game.

Comment

Can't see what the manager likes about barbet. Saying he's good on the ball. That's an extra. His job is to be able to defend. No point telling us all that he can ping 40 yard passes if the guy can't defend for s***.

Comment

Why, when Amos got injured, did we replace him with a defensive inferior player?
                      Proper scapegoat Scowen ain't he...

Comment

Leistner for Barbet is an absolute MUST for Saturday. Give me the defender who has the stats for the most clearances in the division against the one with the most gifted penalties against every day of the week.

Comment

Scowen is a defensive midfielder. But amos and Smith look to be ahead of him in that spot. Same as Cameron and even ball. Got too many holding midfielders when we needed a central midfielder who can link up with the forwards.

Comment

Scowen is poor. His only position is defensive midfield but we have 4 better players there. Don’t want square legs and round holes. Attacking wise we have 4-5 better players than. Scowen and the only other position he might be able to cover is right back but we have 2 better there as well.

So he’s a sub not a scapegoat

Comment

Scowen is poor. His only position is defensive midfield but we have 4 better players there. Don’t want square legs and round holes. Attacking wise we have 4-5 better players than. Scowen and the only other position he might be able to cover is right back but we have 2 better there as well.

So he’s a sub not a scapegoat
                              I'm assuming you are saying Cameron, Amos, Smith and Ball are better than Scowen at playing the CDM role yeah ?

I haven't seen Ball so can't comment and I'm a fan of Cameron so no arguments there.

Jury is out on Amos and Smith defensively for me though....way too lightweight and both are totally different players to Scowen. Technically both are way better than Scowen but in this division they will get bullied out of playing the technical side too often unless they toughen up quick. Neither should be played as CDM's though.

Comment

Working...
                              X