Three Takeaways from Swansea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Takeaways from Swansea

ONE. We pressed the entire game, and were very close to a number of goals that would have changed the entire complexion of this match -- gotta like that, and want more of that.

TWO. Scowen must not be the first sub in -- atrocious passing continued today -- and Lumley can't be the default goalie -- too slow today, and too unremarkable when called upon

THREE. Great performances by Kane, BOS, Eze and Chair, and a solid showing by Hugill. If they start to get in a bit more practice, have a touch of better fortune, and a whole raft of better referees, this team will be all any other Championship Club can handle by the turn of the year.

Patience, Rangers faithful. Good times -- and wins -- are just ahead.

We played some lovely football Tonite but lack composure and the killer punch , can see s good team in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      ONE. We pressed the entire game, and were very close to a number of goals that would have changed the entire complexion of this match -- gotta like that, and want more of that.

TWO. Scowen must not be the first sub in -- atrocious passing continued today -- and Lumley can't be the default goalie -- too slow today, and too unremarkable when called upon

THREE. Great performances by Kane, BOS, Eze and Chair, and a solid showing by Hugill. If they start to get in a bit more practice, have a touch of better fortune, and a whole raft of better referees, this team will be all any other Championship Club can handle by the turn of the year.

I hope you are right, it seems all 4 matches we have played many of us have thought we would do well to get a result and we have 4 points to show, if we aren't beating Wigan at home after losing to Swansea and Bristol City on the trot patience will be wearing thin!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

I agree with Gator that we deserve more and it may prove frustrating were it to continue, but I gotta say we are playing a very exciting brand of football — and Warbs attitude is spot on about where we are and need to go.

Comment

It was always going to take time not only for the team to gel, but more importantly for MW to find out about the players. Who is liable to buckle under pressure, who can be relied upon, who deviates from instruction, who's a liability etc etc.

What we can all see are the obvious positives in style. We are expressive, forward thinking, mobile and creating chances. With that style comes risks. Not only are you isolating your two CBs as the FBs push on, but you're asking all the play to go through them too. For that reason it's obvious why Barbet is preferred as very good on the ball, but that's two pens now at key moments in games.

Lumley has made key errors, one he got away with at Stoke, one not against BC....and for everyone bemoaning the throw, yes it was silly but jeez he's a professional footballer so should be able to kick the bloody ball clear quite easily in that situation!. Scowan has proved he's a grafter bit a liability on the ball I don't think you can have in a side playing this way. I'm also not convinced Hugill should be a shoe in either. I'd like to see Wells get a start.

Anyway, hopefully results will start to come. We need to convert some early pressure in games and push on from there. Going to Wigan with the kids and regardless of recent results I can't wait...not something I'd have been thinking in recent years after back to back defeats.

Comment

That sums it up!

Comment

Haxnt Barbet given away two penalties now? He seems to be a bit of a liability.......?

Comment

I wish someone would take Barbet away. QPR are famous for having poor defenders but even we are out of this guy’s league. I think I would be upset if he joined my local pub team!

Comment

Agree with nearly all of that - Apart from BOS - the guy is so frustrating - so much obvious talent but something happens to his head when he gets into the box - he just need to calm down - the kind of guy that needs to score a flukey goal off his knee to open the flood gates! I think he could go one of 2 ways and hopefully he will mature - calm down and push on in this team. when you think of rout ledge in our promotion team - he took players on and converted chances he made for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Haxnt Barbet given away two penalties now? He seems to be a bit of a liability.......?
                    yes, he also got an assist for Bristol City and almost gifted them another in the 2nd half.

As for last night, another positive is that had the ref awarded a oen to QPR for Bidwell's handball, QPR could have gone 2-1 up and Swansea wouldn't have broken away to win their one. It could have been QPR winning 3-1 instead. thanks for nothing ref!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

yes, he also got an assist for Bristol City and almost gifted them another in the 2nd half.

As for last night, another positive is that had the ref awarded a oen to QPR for Bidwell's handball, QPR could have gone 2-1 up and Swansea wouldn't have broken away to win their one. It could have been QPR winning 3-1 instead. thanks for nothing ref!
                      Yeah, Barbet seemed a bit of a disaster waiting to happen in the Oxford pre-season friendly. I would have thought he'd have worked off the rust by now. Time for Herr Leistner on Sat, who's nothing spectacular, but hes a safer bet.

Comment

If barbet was to give another away Saturday must be some kind of record

Comment

Working...
                        X