Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan B

I’m not being critical as Warburton has done a great job with overhauling the squad and getting us playing a more attractive style of football

My only concern is that he appears to be quite stubborn (based on feedback from Forest/Rangers fans etc) in sticking to a tippy tappy style when occasionally a more direct approach/plan b could yield better results

This is the championship after-all and our players are not premiership standard

I hope I’m wrong but I feel we will be saying ‘we played so well and were very unlucky’ on numerous occasions this season. Hope I’m wrong

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    I’m not being critical as Warburton has done a great job with overhauling the squad and getting us playing a more attractive style of football

My only concern is that he appears to be quite stubborn (based on feedback from Forest/Rangers fans etc) in sticking to a tippy tappy style when occasionally a more direct approach/plan b could yield better results

This is the championship after-all and our players are not premiership standard

I hope I’m wrong but I feel we will be saying ‘we played so well and were very unlucky’ on numerous occasions this season. Hope I’m wrong
    Fans have been screaming for the club to have an identity and a style of play . We won’t always win but we will stick to our style . That’s what impressed me against Huddersfield , we didn’t panic when we went behind we kept playing rather than launching it long and really did enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Fans have been screaming for the club to have an identity and a style of play . We won’t always win but we will stick to our style . That’s what impressed me against Huddersfield , we didn’t panic when we went behind we kept playing rather than launching it long and really did enough to win.
      Totally agree Stainrod, but it’s always good to have a plan b dependant on how the game is playing out

Comment

Agree with you both so we can't win. I'd love to play good football but sometimes you have to win ugly.

Would you rather say "We were unlucky" or see a change to try to win the game?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Agree with you both so we can't win. I'd love to play good football but sometimes you have to win ugly.

Would you rather say "We were unlucky" or see a change to try to win the game?
          But we do change , we put subs on , extra striker , change formation etc . We just don’t have big Matt Smith to Chuck on to go long .

Comment

In the Caraboo Cup game you could sense the players were wanting to lump it into the box, when we were chasing the game. Think Warbs also saw this so he brought Luke Amos on and he took over playing balls into the 3 front men to feet on the edge of the box.....it eventually paid off with the penalty which we should have had 10 minutes earlier.

Comment

I just feel this is nothing but a thread based on what other fans say, and after a defeat
              If we create chances I think we should carry on with playing attractive football.
              Worked for Swansea

Comment

To be honest I'm really happy with everything so far, hopefully, a start to a good future again.

Comment

At the same time, we need to master Plan A before we even consider having a Plan B. Changing a philosophy and a way of playing is no easy feat. We’ve had under 10 games (inc friendlies) to bed in Warburtons ideas and tactics, with a lot of new players, it takes time. It’s not always going to come off at the start: things are going to go wrong, we only have so much ability in the squad to squeeze the most out of & it’s going to be 2 years of hard work & quality recruitment (In AND Out - look at Bristol City, Brentford etc) before we’re even going to be considering blitzing teams on Plan A and a backup Plan B when its not as affective. I already think the team are taking to the ideas and way of playing incredibly well for the short amount of time we have had already, lets just be happy with what we have for once which is a team that looks promising and is going to do things the right way that entertains us with a man at the helm who has belief in his own philosophies and how to carry them out. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
                    At the same time, we need to master Plan A before we even consider having a Plan B. Changing a philosophy and a way of playing is no easy feat. We’ve had under 10 games (inc friendlies) to bed in Warburtons ideas and tactics, with a lot of new players, it takes time. It’s not always going to come off at the start: things are going to go wrong, we only have so much ability in the squad to squeeze the most out of & it’s going to be 2 years of hard work & quality recruitment (In AND Out - look at Bristol City, Brentford etc) before we’re even going to be considering blitzing teams on Plan A and a backup Plan B when its not as affective. I already think the team are taking to the ideas and way of playing incredibly well for the short amount of time we have had already, lets just be happy with what we have for once which is a team that looks promising and is going to do things the right way that entertains us with a man at the helm who has belief in his own philosophies and how to carry them out. End of.
                    Fair play, a very good post

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      I just feel this is nothing but a thread based on what other fans say, and after a defeat
                      If we create chances I think we should carry on with playing attractive football.
                      Worked for Swansea
                      Absolutely spot on mate... nothing to even discuss or moan about.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
                          Well said. IMHO we have finally begun the rebuilding process we were promised for years. The Warbs system has already created a more exciting style of football, and mark my words come March/April it will kick in full. That’s the time we always seemed to fade because we had exhausted our starting XI. In Warbs World, he’s crafting a system where we have two relatively equal, 11-man squads that can spell each other — especially in the weeks like this one where we must play two games in 7 days.

Comment

I think it is very predictable that someone would come out with a thread like this. Having been there yesterday it was great to see us play such good football. I'm also impressed with Warbs subs ao far. The frustrating thing yesterdaywas that the subs had just been made when we conceded that stupid goal.
                            Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 18-08-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

We haven't got the players up top who can have the ball lumped up to them so that would just be pointless.

Comment

Working...
                              X