Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment

Just wondering what a big difference a good Manager can have on a club. Looking back at the players that left during this Summer, we only managed to make a profit on Luke Freeman and Furlong. We lost money elsewhere on Luongo, Bidwell, Lynch, Smith, Cousins, Pavel, Wheeler...and now Goss. It is just a statement of what was wrong...recruitment. It is still early days, however, our new players are much better than those that left, the exception being Luke. We only spent 50k on Kelly and the rest are all free or on loan. I do wonder if all these changes were all due to our financial situation. Most of the players we have now played in the Premier or are on loan from Premier clubs, so they won't come any cheaper. I mean, there's Rangel and Cameroon...Wells and Hugill...Smith and Amos. Kane joined from the Premier as well, so the quality is there. MW realised our squad was poor and cannot improve anymore. This must be the best window we've had for many years. Long may it continue in January!

As much as I agree, Luke was probably our best player, I also watched him run around till he beat himself, fail to see that killer through ball and take on the same man twice,, sure I'm gonna get pelters for this view but think we are stronger as we stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Just wondering what a big difference a good Manager can have on a club. Looking back at the players that left during this Summer, we only managed to make a profit on Luke Freeman and Furlong. We lost money elsewhere on Luongo, Bidwell, Lynch, Smith, Cousins, Pavel, Wheeler...and now Goss. It is just a statement of what was wrong...recruitment. It is still early days, however, our new players are much better than those that left, the exception being Luke. We only spent 50k on Kelly and the rest are all free or on loan. I do wonder if all these changes were all due to our financial situation. Most of the players we have now played in the Premier or are on loan from Premier clubs, so they won't come any cheaper. I mean, there's Rangel and Cameroon...Wells and Hugill...Smith and Amos. Kane joined from the Premier as well, so the quality is there. MW realised our squad was poor and cannot improve anymore. This must be the best window we've had for many years. Long may it continue in January!
      Question, not just aimed at you here, but for those who would have said the following:

- Recruitment last year was AWFUL, transfers in and out are quite possibly not good enough and DOF and our Chairman take the blame for this.

Why, is it good management this Summer?

Comment

Wonder what Warbs would do with money...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Question, not just aimed at you here, but for those who would have said the following:

- Recruitment last year was AWFUL, transfers in and out are quite possibly not good enough and DOF and our Chairman take the blame for this.

Why, is it good management this Summer?
          Exactly! I think MW has had a lot of influence on the rebuild but it’s basically cleaning up the mess previous managers, the chairman and the DOF got us in, thankfully they did recognize things had to change and let MW go about it!

@gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Exactly! I think MW has had a lot of influence on the rebuild but it’s basically cleaning up the mess previous managers, the chairman and the DOF got us in, thankfully they did recognize things had to change and let MW go about it!

Not that I dont think MW hasn't played a huge part in this, but my point was 'if DOF got us in this mess' then the 'DOF has some plaudits' to get us out?

Comment

Working...
            X