Under 18's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under 18's

Haven't seen anything on here about the Under 18's who took a stand in a recent friendly in Spain against racial abuse. The captain went to Paul Furlong who manages the side and they left the pitch.

Fair play to them!

It's bad enough hearing racist abuse in a stadium of thousands, but an under 18 friendly.....how many would've been there?? Not that many so can only imagine it must've been a fair percentage of the crowd that were there. Bang out of order.

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Haven't seen anything on here about the Under 18's who took a stand in a recent friendly in Spain against racial abuse. The captain went to Paul Furlong who manages the side and they left the pitch.

Fair play to them!

It's bad enough hearing racist abuse in a stadium of thousands, but an under 18 friendly.....how many would've been there?? Not that many so can only imagine it must've been a fair percentage of the crowd that were there. Bang out of order.
    spains rife with it,my mum lives border granada andalucia andthe morocans and gypsies get it worse.ive seen people spit at gypsie kids before.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Fair play to them!

Only heard about it yesterday

Comment

Meanwhile, QPR co-owner Tony Fernandes says he is "proud" of the stance taken by his club.

"Racism has no space in any of my thinking," he posted on Twitter.

"What happened in Spain to my under-18 players is a disgrace. But what is worse is the response of Uefa, who just said they would inform the Spanish FA. They should take a much harder line.

"It is brainless and frankly barbaric how a kid under 18 has to put up with this.

"I'm so proud that our team walked off the pitch. Come on Uefa, start leading and start making a difference. Sport plays a huge part."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49357737

Comment

It was never a good idea to play Chelsea over in Spain

Comment

Working...
          X