V A R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I agree Dave, good referees do not need VAR.
    But there’s none of them left !

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      The PL is a bit shat in my opinion. Its not just VAR but all the armchair fans I have to deal with at work that puts me off. They never go to games but sound like BT/Sky pundits the way they go on. The fake banter is also so jarring. Football culture has been killed and VAR is just another part of the on going sanitisation of football.
      It is hard to argue with that.
      I still feel I have the moral high ground by actually going to games at a non top team though.

Comment

For me one of the worse things about VAR is the time lost from the game, I Watched the city game Saturday while waiting to go to the R's in a local inn in the bush, and I think all the VAR decisions took about 8-10 minutes let alone with 5 goals and 4-5 substitutions, , the added time was only 5 minutes, a few of us couldn't believe only 5 was added although the VAR decisions took about 10 mins , Also thought refs were meant to 30 seconds per sub & goal celebrations

Comment

Man City fans celebrating a goal then whu fans celebrating it getting turned over isn't the game I played and grew up with. Stop start , stop start the game is going to the dogs

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Man City fans celebrating a goal then whu fans celebrating it getting turned over isn't the game I played and grew up with. Stop start , stop start the game is going to the dogs
            I agree. Man City rarely or never won 5-0 away or home pre Premiership days in the old First Division, they slaughter some one every week now. The game is fast heading towards being fu cked.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

all var should be used for is if the ball crosses the line for a goal, end of.

there are 3 teams on that pitch, the home team, the away team and the team of officials, 2 linesmen and a ref..

players make mistakes, and so do the officials, human nature.

var is ruining the excitement of the game......get rid.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

there are 3 teams on that pitch, the home team, the away team and the team of officials, 2 linesmen and a ref..

Spot on
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  It's completely unacceptable to wait more than 10 seconds for a decision. The whole point of football is action - it's not effing chess. Frankly, prem football is no longer a spectator sport, it has become a TV show.
                  Completely agree. This will kill the game we know & love

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

Again completely agree mate

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      Bang on the money 72, my point as well

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post
                        Can’t wait for the deliberate chips into the hand when a player is down a dark alley with no support - they’re coming!
                        THIS ^^^^^^^^^...

Comment

I've always liked having the excuse of a dodgy ref costing us the game or us getting away with a lucky offside decision.

Personally hope VAR is exclusively for the premier league in this country.

Comment

Working...
                          X