V A R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V A R

What an absolute joke. Handball is now even if it hits you.
    Offside?...Even if you a lock of hair in front of the defender?
    Total farce. Fans don't react to the ball hitting the net, they wait to see
    if it's being ruled out.
    If this is Premier League football, I'd rather stay in the EFL.
    Football will die, fans will leave in their droves.
    And before anyone says but it makes the decisions consistent.
    Wolves had a goal ruled out for handball it wasn't deliberate.
    In the Watford v Brighton game a freekick was struck.
    Hit a player on the arm, in the wall, inside the box..........NO penalty!
    Hope we don't go up

The law is the law,I only stole half a kit Kat,still stolen.As a total law abiding citizen I believe in rules,and the death penalty for diving
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

VAR is not the problem, the rules are. They changed the rule about handball and made it clear a goal will not count if it hits a player on the hamd/arm/shoulder whether deliberate or not. The offside rule also is clear that any part of the attacker that a goal can be scored from, must not be ahead of the last defender.

I think that they are both bad rules and should go back to what they used to be. handball must be deliberate and the whole of the attacker should be ahead of the last defender (the old daylight rule).

I would rather have the correct decisions being made rather than bad ones like the ones that saw a penalty awarded against QPR last season at Bristol City or the offside equaliser Sheff Utd scored at LR. Also the penalties that were not awarded to QPR i.e. home to Millwall, Norwich, Villa & Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        VAR is not the problem, the rules are. They changed the rule about handball and made it clear a goal will not count if it hits a player on the hamd/arm/shoulder whether deliberate or not. The offside rule also is clear that any part of the attacker that a goal can be scored from, must not be ahead of the last defender.

I think that they are both bad rules and should go back to what they used to be. handball must be deliberate and the whole of the attacker should be ahead of the last defender (the old daylight rule).

I would rather have the correct decisions being made rather than bad ones like the ones that saw a penalty awarded against QPR last season at Bristol City or the offside equaliser Sheff Utd scored at LR. Also the penalties that were not awarded to QPR i.e. home to Millwall, Norwich, Villa & Birmingham.
        Sterling was given offside because his arm, or arm pit was off.
        If he turned around and his #### was off, it would be given. Ridiculous.
        Penalties are different, the game will be stopped and you can check.
        But open play when a goal is scored and then you have to wait to see if it stands,
        is wrong and the game will die.
        Imagine being at Wembley in a final. We're down to 10 men, 90th min.
        Bloke breaks down wing, wins a tackle, passes inside.
        Striker shoots.............GOAL!!!
        Then, the ref stops, and does the var sign.
        Oh look when we won the ball back, it had been flicked from 2 feet towards our defender
        and struck him on the hand, even though his back was to the ball.
        NO GOAL.......NO THANKS

Comment

It same for everyone,
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Yeah?....Like reffing has been for the last 50 yrs.
            I'd just rather have the game I fell in love with, the excitement the euphoria, and yes the disappointment.
            Rather than waiting for the computer says yes...........or no

Comment

I dunno, I don't know what the answer is. They have to go back to the on field ref, deciding the decisions
              then ask for help from var if they're not sure.
              And they must go back to handball only if it's deemed deliberate, and as Stan said clear "daylight" with offsides

Comment

How about get clued up on VAR and you may understand it!

​​​​It's not hard to understand is it? And it makes the game better, not worse!

Offside is offside, what you moaning about that for? He's either offside or not, simple!

Handball will always be a matter of opinion regardless of VAR. A new rule has been introduced though, that if a goal is scored with the use of an arm, then it will be ruled out deliberate or not. Again, simple to understand. All other handballs will be a matter of opinion regardless of VAR.

As for scoring a goal and then celebrating and it gets disallowed, so what? How many times have you moaned that a goal against us was clearly offside? A clear foul? A clear handball? How about losing a final to a goal that shouldn't have stood? I don't understand how people can be against it!

Comment

It's completely unacceptable to wait more than 10 seconds for a decision. The whole point of football is action - it's not effing chess. Frankly, prem football is no longer a spectator sport, it has become a TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    How about get clued up on VAR and you may understand it!

​​​​It's not hard to understand is it? And it makes the game better, not worse!

Offside is offside, what you moaning about that for? He's either offside or not, simple!

Handball will always be a matter of opinion regardless of VAR. A new rule has been introduced though, that if a goal is scored with the use of an arm, then it will be ruled out deliberate or not. Again, simple to understand. All other handballs will be a matter of opinion regardless of VAR.

As for scoring a goal and then celebrating and it gets disallowed, so what? How many times have you moaned that a goal against us was clearly offside? A clear foul? A clear handball? How about losing a final to a goal that shouldn't have stood? I don't understand how people can be against it!
                    When it is a clear offside then yes it’s offside but Sterling was not a clear offside it was millimetres and the number of goals scored will be affected this season. I am all for fairness but I am equally not wanting goals being disallowed because someone’s finger is ahead of the defenders foot.
                    VAR is good for goal line technology and dangerous play such as stamping but millimetre offside, no thanks and handball when not deliberately stopping a ball travelling, no thanks , it will change the way we watch football and not for the better.
                    Not against VAR in full but rules need to be reviewed or it will get rid of one set of problems and create a whole new set.

Comment

The hand ball rule is only in effect if it directly aids the scoring of a goal, as was the case with wolves. Accidental yes, but it hit the arm and dropped perfectly for the player to strike it in the net which wouldn't have been the case had it not hit the arm. It therefore aided the goal so disallowed. The reason they've said such a handball will be given even if unintentional is so there's no grey areas or subjective opinion. Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Yeah?....Like reffing has been for the last 50 yrs.
                        I'd just rather have the game I fell in love with, the excitement the euphoria, and yes the disappointment.
                        Rather than waiting for the computer says yes...........or no
                        I agree Dave, good referees do not need VAR.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Was out in Portugal and still think we were in line not offside for the goal against the Dutch,horrible going mental for the rug to be pulled.
                          Also how long before we start getting adverts in the VAR breaks? end up like American football?No thanks,would rather put up with some bad decisions than lose the spontaneity we have now.

Comment

The PL is a bit shat in my opinion. Its not just VAR but all the armchair fans I have to deal with at work that puts me off. They never go to games but sound like BT/Sky pundits the way they go on. The fake banter is also so jarring. Football culture has been killed and VAR is just another part of the on going sanitisation of football.

Comment

Can’t wait for the deliberate chips into the hand when a player is down a dark alley with no support - they’re coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X