The key to the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key to the season

Yesterday was as exciting as the opener because the team showed fight and ability from back line to front. Yet as excited as many are re the new manager and new players (Hugill, Kane, Barbet, et alia), one player could determine whether we are mid table, low table, or fighting for promotion: Bright Osayi-Samuel. His pace and spark are magnetic, yet he still needs to be able to finish in the back of the net.

If BOS starts scoring (which will also boost his confidence immensely) wedded to Hugill, Wells and a renewed Eze, this team will be on fire...and on their way to a big finish.

If Bos proves to be hoss, watch out!

A very good post, and In my opinion Shodipo is another player who can blossom and eventually have an impact on what our future helds. Have to say. like BOS, he is not quite there yet..
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I also think that we as fans have a massive part to play in ensuring we create a positive environment for the players. We will lose games but if we can stay off the players backs and generate an atmosphere like we did yesterday, it can only help the lads

Comment

Like Crystal Palace fans do.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I think Chair is key. He has pace, skill and can finish as we’ve seen whilst out on loan. He just seems more confident on the ball and there’s more chance of link up and ball retention when he has it over BOS in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            I think Chair is key. He has pace, skill and can finish as we’ve seen whilst out on loan. He just seems more confident on the ball and there’s more chance of link up and ball retention when he has it over BOS in my opinion.
            Fair enough mate but do you reckon Chair instead of BOS and not alongside?

Comment

I think it depends how we want to play.

MW seems to like BOS on the right which means he’s always looking to use his pace to beat the fullback and cross. We play one cf and he’s not massive, they’ll be times Wells will get the nod over Hugill as well.

Chair in offers more options, he can skin his man and cross but can also come inside and shoot.

They could also also both play. Tough one but I think Chair looks very good and I would have him starting. Scowen for me isn’t good enough for this current side so I would drop him.

Comment

Very good responses all. Agree Chair has a chance to really shine for the team as well; seems a no-brainer to start him more regularly over Scowen who, despite his hustle and intent, can be counted on to deliver one bad pass a game that becomes an immediate goal scoring opp for the other side.

Comment

I think that Scowen will be replaced for the next league game possibly by Chair or Smith, with Amos pushing forward. Kane will also replace Rangel, if only for his pace and delivery.

As for BOS, he was unlucky twice with his shots, but also in the 1st half when Hugill opted to shoot rather than tee him up when he was in the clear.

I agree, that we fans mjust play our part and be more vocal in support, especially after conceding as we did yesterday.

I would like to see Mlakar in the forwards role as hopefully he can finish better than Hugill.

We will lose games home and away, but whatever happens with team selection, I think we can have a far more enjoyable Championship season than we have had since relegation.

Comment

6 weeks ago I was dubious if we could field a credible 1st XI. Today, we seem to have solid options in most positions - it's bloody fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      I think that Scowen will be replaced for the next league game possibly by Chair or Smith, with Amos pushing forward. Kane will also replace Rangel, if only for his pace and delivery.

As for BOS, he was unlucky twice with his shots, but also in the 1st half when Hugill opted to shoot rather than tee him up when he was in the clear.

I agree, that we fans mjust play our part and be more vocal in support, especially after conceding as we did yesterday.

I would like to see Mlakar in the forwards role as hopefully he can finish better than Hugill.

We will lose games home and away, but whatever happens with team selection, I think we can have a far more enjoyable Championship season than we have had since relegation.
                      Solid post. Believe, though, Hugill will score more than 10 goals for us this season -- and that when he's not scoring, he'll learn how to set up the othe rplayers around him like BOS

Comment

In the 1st half y'day BOS was up against the hudders number 5 the best player on the pitch , he matched Bo's for pace . He won't come up like an athlete like this every week . Next home game it could be an old face

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          6 weeks ago I was dubious if we could field a credible 1st XI. Today, we seem to have solid options in most positions - it's bloody fantastic!
                          We are all feeling that way right now. Absolutely dig Warbs interview after the game yesterday -- clear he WILL NOT settle for ties and good losses when our team plays well, and will push to even the scales of justice when it does happen moving into the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            In the 1st half y'day BOS was up against the hudders number 5 the best player on the pitch , he matched Bo's for pace . He won't come up like an athlete like this every week . Next home game it could be an old face
                            Good point. BOS is on the verge of a breakout year. Start scoring goals and he could become the most feared guy on the squad.

Comment

Personally I'd say Geoff Cameron is the key to this team. Without him on Saturday we would have been totally over-run in the midfield. Games are won and lost in this division from CM and Cameron has been top notch these first two games.

Comment

Working...
                              X