No announcement yet.

Loftus Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of the day it dont matter what the ground is called,its the clubs name that is sacred.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

No issue to me at all, will always be Loftus Road to me anyway but it is an incredible gesture by the club to get KPF some much needed exposure and one I wholeheartedly support for however long it happens for, 1 season, 2 seasons etc etc.

Comment

And when our Tone gets the new stadium built it will all change again anyway.

Comment

All fans will still refer to it as Loftus Road obviously, the renaming is for publicity to the cause and it will serve its purpose brilliantly as all official outlets and media will have to refer to it accordingly. Fair play to the club for doing it, but the fans will always refer to it the same as ever.

Comment

I read on most other forums it's actually called #### hole.............who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              I read on most other forums it's actually called #### hole.............who knew?
              i did
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
                loftus road it is for me, even if we move to Timbuktu it will always be loftus road.

if someone started calling me Rupert after 60 years I wouldn't be happy.

but for one year kpfs it is.
                What about Rupes? Is that ok?

Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Didn't they try and call it Rangers Stadium for a few years? Never worked, never gained any traction despite club doggedly using the term over and over.

Comment

It's a lovely gesture and it's not permanent so go get a pint and a bag a peanuts and chill.

Comment

There is nobody freaking out or having a hissy fit out it,just a topic for discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Guildford_R View Post
                        Life’s to short, call it what you want, main thing is the charity gets exposure.
                        Agreed.
                        If it stop one teenager from dying by a blade it is worth it.

Comment

Sad what happened to Kiyan but we are under FFP and should’ve sold the name of the stadium to the highest bidder.

No one is bigger than the club. Kiyan could’ve been appreciated in some other way. Bad business.
                          Last edited by swede; 12-08-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

.......changed my mind. The KPF-naming is probably the best way to soften -up the H and F council and together with whats previously been done (Greenfell and so) will improve our chances getting a new stadium. Smart, good business, and its just for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                              No one is bigger than the club. Kiyan could’ve been appreciated in some other way. Bad business.
                              Some things are more important than football.

The simple exposure the name change got on Saturday will propel that charity tenfold and if that helps towards the fight against knife crime then how can that be a bad thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                                .......changed my mind. The KPF-naming is probably the best way to soften -up the H and F council and together with whats previously been done (Greenfell and so) will improve our chances getting a new stadium. Smart, good business, and its just for this year.
                                Was gonna ask that actually, is it just for this year then?

Comment

Working...
                                X