Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, is that about £10 Million in the pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, is that about £10 Million in the pot?

Assuming that we believe the reported fees for Smith, Freeman, Furlong and Luongo, then that is the best part of £10 million burning a hole in our pocket, how would you want the directors to use this cash?
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
    Assuming that we believe the reported fees for Smith, Freeman, Furlong and Luongo, then that is the best part of £10 million burning a hole in our pocket, how would you want the directors to use this cash?
    Or £11.3 million.....!?

Comment

I assumed we lost some of Freeman’s money to sell on fees, but I would prefer your figure.

Comment

I would like them to use it towards the debt. The quicker we get rid of it the quicker we can start rebuilding again.

Comment

Or maybe the £5m we lost last year and no parachute payment this season will eat a large hole in that. Where we have made money is on the wage bill. So maybe about £5m spare.

Comment

I assumed we lost some of Freeman’s money to sell on fees, but I would prefer your figure.
            Fair comment, I hadn't factored that in.

Comment

The only money I can see been spent on transfer fees is £700,000 approx required for Judge,if any at all

Comment

In my opinion, In our financial position I would not spend £700,000 on a injury prone 30 year old, who has only played 64 games in the last 3 seasons and only scored 3 goals.

We need to invest our small budget on players like Freeman and turn £300,000 into £5,000,000, easy said than done though.

Comment

4 to 5 million on a proven striker, the rest towards debt.

Comment

Given we have bid £3million for the Jock defender, I suspect that's all we have to play with, after previous sales have been used to balance the books from an FFP perspective.

Gloucester R's - No Sheep Shagging Allowed

Comment

Could come in handy in January

Comment

I'd rather not spend just for the sake of it, think we've done enough.

Comment

That's superb business

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucester_R View Post
                            Given we have bid £3million for the Jock defender, I suspect that's all we have to play with, after previous sales have been used to balance the books from an FFP perspective.
                            Agreed.

Some must have been banked to meet FFP and we will be paying loans fees instead of transfer fees. £3m left over to sign a player on transfer seems a fair call.

Comment

new decor for the posh boxes
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X