Deadline Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline Day

Does anyone miss the buzz coming up to deadline that we used to get. Wondering who we were buying/selling etc

Originally posted by TerryNH View Post
    Does anyone miss the buzz coming up to deadline that we used to get. Wondering who we were buying/selling etc
    No , glad those days are gone and the club is being run sensibly.

Comment

I used to be glued to to sky sports on deadline day but to be honest I think this is the best transfer window business we have done in many many years

Comment

But there will be one or two leaving and one coming in on deadline day

Comment

Originally posted by TerryNH View Post
          If we was in the Prem it might be the case..

Comment

Definitely not. Far better doing the early business as we've done to allow the majority of the squad to train and get a feel for the style of play before the first game, hence we played so well.

Comment

Glad to be out of the carnival to be honest

Comment

We seemed to panic buy over the hill mercenaries and put them on 4 yr contracts glad those days are behind us

Comment

Thing I miss the most is Natalie Sawyer sky sports is shitt without her and our Thirsty Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No , glad those days are gone and the club is being run sensibly.
                    Spot on! It was a crazy circus and it baffles me how clubs got suckered into it. I suppose after several years of this madness it became starkly obvious that vast majority of last minute panic buying resulted in clubs getting lumbered with dreadful shoddy players. You have to hand it to Man Utd... they never got involved and always got their business done and dusted in July.
                    To be fair, Transfer Deadline Mayhem has petered out over past few windows anyway - it was hilarious watching Sky Sports News forlornly trying to eke it out and drum up fake enthusiasm in the face of diddly squat happening. I assume the penny has dropped even with Jim White now and SSN wont have an army of reporters stationed hither and thither scratching their balls all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Definitely not. Far better doing the early business as we've done to allow the majority of the squad to train and get a feel for the style of play before the first game, hence we played so well.
                      agree to an extent but wouldn't say it was all done early as a few missed out on all 4 pre season fixtures. However, yes, it does appear amongst our best although time will tell as we haven't see enough of them as players to judge properly or how they will gel. Last week's team was mostly last season's players.

Comment

was fun to see sometimes. Odemwinge randomly turning up. Harry talking through the window of his car or some wally standing behind a presenter with a dildo in his hand!

Comment

Working...
                        X