• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
    There’s a reason no one has come in for him....... JN
    Yep.............the longer they wait the cheaper they'll get him

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

They are saving their money as this time next week QPR will be even keener on getting him off the wage bill and therefore giving him away.
      Bang on Stan

Comment

How many players have we sold on for a profit?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          When he was out of the team we were worse than usual.

Irrelevant. We've also been appalling with him in the side on many occasions.

IMO, we need to part with him for both of us to progress,.

Comment

I reckon will go last day of the window same as Leistner

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              How many players have we sold on for a profit?
              Not many at all since winning promotion in 2011, if not even before then. We stopped developing decent youngsters in the late 90s and even finding some in the lower divisions to sell on for profit like Sinton, Peacock and Sinclair (although the latter was sold for an obscenely low fee and swaps for West Ham's rubbish).

Recently Polter, Chery, Smithies, Freeman & Furlong although profit margins perhaps could have been bigger to ofset the losses made on numerous other players like Bidwell, Lynch, Wzsolek, Cousins, Luongo, Gladwin, Sylla, Ngaboto etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                I reckon will go last day of the window same as Leistner
                with every day that passes, Luongo's value drops by tens of thousands of £££s.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Irrelevant. We've also been appalling with him in the side on many occasions.

IMO, we need to part with him for both of us to progress,.
                  Yeah fair enough you could well be right
                  But so called supporters slagging him off is a disfrace.
                  No wonder we win ####all.......you get what you deserve with karma

Comment

Mass played in U23 game today and scored 2 , so hopefully a few scouts there to see it . Kane played as well .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                      Mass played in U23 game today and scored 2 , so hopefully a few scouts there to see it . Kane played as well .
                      Yeah, they will be really impressed that he had a good game against under 23s! The club imo, dropped a big clanger by excluding him from the pre season fixtures and announcing they didn't want him to stay.

Comment

Good win on Saturday without Luongo. Future is bright....

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Is he still at the club?

I reckon the club will let him go on a free as it doesn't look like there are any bids going in for him and he doesn't seem to figure in the club's plans anymore.

Which is a pity, as there is a decent player in him somewhere
                          The club won't let him go on a free, it's a case of, he will go on a free if he isn't sold?

Comment

I think we should be careful in criticizing the club. QPR has used a very common strategy in the way they have dealt with Luongo and it makes a lot of sense to me.

The starting point was that Luongo did not want to sign a contract extension on our new and more sustainable terms (supposedly ca £10k a week vs the £15-20k he is on now). This indicates the club saw him as part of its future plan, provided the parties could find a mutual understanding on level of salary.

Luongo opted to decline the offer and rather run down his contract. It is a well know strategy by many players, knowing this will give them bargaining power next summer, when a new club can sign the player without having to pay a transfer fee. Effectively, it is a way for a player to make sure a clubs transfer fee ends up in the players own pocket (and the pocket of the agent I should ad).

QPR simply cannot accept this. If they did, they would send a signal to any good player that would command a decent transfer fee that the he can just run down the contract without any trouble and get himself a great contract with a new club ones he is a free agent.

If Luongo was left to believe QPR would play him just as if nothing had happened he would have no incentive to accept a transfer. By telling him he is not any longer in the clubs plan, and let him know he will not feature this season, Luongo simply has to be forthcoming and agree to a transfer. If not, he would risk to see his "value" greatly reduced, as it is hard to get a good contract next summer if he hasn't played for a year, neither for QPR nor his country (he would not be picked by Australia if he did not play regularly for QPR).

It made perfect sense to omit him from from the squad that traveled to Austria to make it crystal clear he is not any longer part of Warburtons plans. To make sure he stays fit, to encourage other clubs to come in for him, it makes sense to let him train with the first team and to play for the U23. Similarly, it makes sense for the club to communicate that Luongo is not part of the plans to encourage offers from other clubs that would otherwise not necessarily look to make an offer for a player under contract. It is also part of the strategy to convince Luongo he will really not play this season, to force him to accept a transfer.

The British transfer window shuts this coming Thursday, but the transfer window remains open in other countries for a number of weeks. My guess is that Luongo will end up in China, sold for a decent fee (£1.5-2m) in late August. This will allow us a very decent transfer budget in January and we have sent a signal to all other players that Luongo's strategy is not a good idea.

QPR has my full support for this strategy! I can actually not see any other way to deal with it!
                            Last edited by QPROslo; 05-08-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                              I think we should be careful in criticizing the club. QPR has used a very common strategy in the way they have dealt with Luongo and it makes a lot of sense to me.

The starting point was that Luongo did not want to sign a contract extension on our new and more sustainable terms (supposedly ca £10k a week vs the £15-20k he is on now). This indicates the club saw him as part of its future plan, provided the parties could find a mutual understanding on level of salary.

Luongo opted to decline the offer and rather run down his contract. It is a well know strategy by many players, knowing this will give them bargaining power next summer, when a new club can sign the player without having to pay a transfer fee. Effectively, it is a way for a player to make sure a clubs transfer fee ends up in the players own pocket (and the pocket of the agent I should ad).

QPR simply cannot accept this. If they did, they would send a signal to any good player that would command a decent transfer fee that the he can just run down the contract without any trouble and get himself a great contract with a new club ones he is a free agent.

If Luongo was left to believe QPR would play him just as if nothing had happened he would have no incentive to accept a transfer. By telling him he is not any longer in the clubs plan, and let him know he will not feature this season, Luongo simply has to be forthcoming and agree to a transfer. If not, he would risk to see his "value" greatly reduced, as it is hard to get a good contract next summer if he hasn't played for a year, neither for QPR nor his country (he would not be picked by Australia if he did not play regularly for QPR).

It made perfect sense to omit him from from the squad that traveled to Austria to make it crystal clear he is not any longer part of Warburtons plans. To make sure he stays fit, to encourage other clubs to come in for him, it makes sense to let him train with the first team and to play for the U23. Similarly, it makes sense for the club to communicate that Luongo is not part of the plans to encourage offers from other clubs that would otherwise not necessarily look to make an offer for a player under contract. It is also part of the strategy to convince Luongo he will really not play this season, to force him to accept a transfer.

The British transfer window shuts this coming Thursday, but the transfer window remains open in other countries for a number of weeks. My guess is that Luongo will end up in China, sold for a decent fee (£1.5-2m) in late August. This will allow us a very decent transfer budget in January and we have sent a signal to all other players that Luongo's strategy is not a good idea.

QPR has my full support for this strategy! I can actually not see any other way to deal with it!
                              Makes alot of sense.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Will be leaving before the 11th and we will get money for him.

Boooooooom!

Comment

Working...
                                X