Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Just because you haven’t heard of clubs interested in him doesn’t mean there isn’t interest .i doubt you know the ins and outs of every clubs business.
    No, you are right I don't, but if he was going to be bought by anyone I think there would have been news of it from somewhere by now as it was announced weeks ago that he was not going to stay at the club. Perhaps clubs are waiting until the last few hours of the window to get him at a rock bottom price knowing that QPR want to sell him, probably get him for less than £300k.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
      he will still be here next season - or loaned out - no one wants to pay money for him when he can leave for nothing next year.

club dropped the ball on that one - saying he needs to move on in public -if they said he is one of our more important players and we want to keep him - others might have thought he was worth trying to buy
      I think you have a good point there. No club is going to pay a decent fee for him since QPR announced he is needs to move on and they would have noticed that he has not featured in pre season games.

Although not of the same level of ability Wheeler was under contract and given a free transfer because he too was out of favour. QPR will want to save on Luongo's wages and he will be gone by the time the window closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No offers doesn’t mean no interest , plenty of business still to be done , worst case scenario I’d say he would go on loan somewhere to get his wages off the books
        If they send him out on loan for the season what's the difference then by giving him a free transfer and be done with him? If he goes out on loan and gets injured they would send him back to QPR to pay his wages and pick up the treatment costs to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I expect Les to get £10m for him and if there are no bids its because he's useless and should be sacked as DoF

Innit.....
          He’s crap

Mass is a 6-7 million pound player but Les has let us down again and we will get another minimal fee for our best player

meanwhile Bristol City are selling their best players at 20million and Brentford are selling their best players at a premium

You happy clappers are always optimistic until sh!t hits the fan and only realise when it’s too late

Another example while im here. Les signed Bidwell and Cousin’s in the hope of getting good sell on values, they both left on a free transfer

You clowns really don’t understand football BUSINESS. As a director of a big UK company, I feel like I understand more then you do
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If anyone wanted to buy him then there would have been bids. Maybe this whole situation will make people realise that clubs do not want to pay big, if any, money for our players.

He has one year left and by all accounts doesn’t want a new deal. We've basically begged clubs to offer and no one has. Says it all for me

Comment

Like I’ve said all along. Bang average. Will probably end up going for a low fee as pointless keeping then going for free

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post

He’s crap

Mass is a 6-7 million pound player but Les has let us down again and we will get another minimal fee for our best player

meanwhile Bristol City are selling their best players at 20million and Brentford are selling their best players at a premium

You happy clappers are always optimistic until sh!t hits the fan and only realise when it’s too late

Another example while im here. Les signed Bidwell and Cousin’s in the hope of getting good sell on values, they both left on a free transfer

You clowns really don’t understand football BUSINESS. As a director of a big UK company, I feel like I understand more then you do
                For that criticism of Les to be valid then you need to explain what should have been done differently... not just moan without a solution

Luongo came back from the World Cup having not played at all and had a drop in standards last year

He demands a wage that is now not seen as worth it so contract extension is out. No offers for him in Jan either

So at what point did Les miss out on this big money deal? Should we have not signed little Smith, Cameron, Ball or Amos?

As missing out on at least one them and pretending he was in our plans and hope we get one of these bids is the only solution I could think of (I think though, that Les did nothing wrong in this instance- Luongo probably on more than Smith and Ball combined)

So what's your solution? What should Les have done differently with Luongo?

Comment

He’s crap

Anne Summers?
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

So what's your solution? What should Les have done differently with Luongo?
                    I was hoping for a big fee for him after the WC but wasnt he kept out of the side by a player from Hull?

I think Loungo is a prime example of how we big our players up. He hasnt been out best player and rated Smithirs, Lumley and Freeman higher than him. The only thing Les could have done differently is the him to a longer contract on the money he wanted, and hope for a £10-15m bid. But that would have been foolish because with only one year on his contract left teams arent banging the door down to buy him at a knock down price. Functional player with no goals to his game make him an average championship player that in today's market make him free transfer material

Comment

He’s crap

Their is only one clown on here & that’s you, why keep slating Les as no one knows what’s going on inside the club, personally I reckon he’s done a good job & without him the club would far worse off than it is now, give it a rest & support rather #### club off

Comment

if you ever hear simon jordon on radio,you get to understand a bit of how mad it is running a football club.I wouldnt want too or have les job. Also what really annoys me now is this player is s""t etc.
                        Well obviously not true because they a pro and we not.They may not be a top pro but way ahead of most of us could ever be.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Yeah yeah Les is crap !! I used to think that untill Ollie let the cat out of the bag about Les being over ruled from above , go on tell me you don't believe it ? Then think what has Ollie got to loose breaking his confidentuality agreement while still being paid by the club , he Les is working under owners/board that yoyo from one plan to another , Les is a whiping boy that's there to take their stick

Comment

Bang average player never imposes himself on a game , never walked away from LR thinking wow he was great today .. as for his contract time will tell

Comment

[QUOTE=qpr;n2521272]

He’s crap

You slate our young players and want to hang them out to dry, then go on about Mass being this player worth fortunes, when he is to be fair not that influential in a game and clearly not needed here now.
                              Worry about your Company Big Man and Leave QPR to the people Directing it!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                Bang average player never imposes himself on a game , never walked away from LR thinking wow he was great today .. as for his contract time will tell
                                When he played well I think he did impose himself, but for me he was too inconsistent. It took him far too long to settle back in the side after the world cup .

Comment

Working...
                                X