Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Match

Good Evening folks,

I've always had an interest in QPR. The city I stay in has a team called Queens Park and a team called Rangers - and so from a young child "Queens Park Rangers" were my "English side".

Anyway, life having moved on and my finding myself nearly 30 I have decided this season to actually head down to Loftus Road and watch QPR for the first time.

Bought tickets for the League Cup match a few weeks from now, I'll be staying in Wembley, a block away from the big shopping centre there that has the Cineworld in it. I spend a bit of time down there every year and this time it clashes with some football.

Essentially, the internet has millions of things to say about London, and I just want to know the best way to travel between the stadiums (not taking my car with me) is a particular route "busy" on matchday? And the best way to travel back? Where is the Rangers friendly places? Where's the best place for a drink before the game? Is the half-time grub worth having?

Many thanks in advance, its good to be able to put a little bit of time and money into your club which you should all be very proud of. Best team in England.

Enjoy your time,you'll hate the tube in summer mind
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Welcome Glasgowlad, I hope you get to see a good game.

I can't really help regarding the travel, others on here will know more. My route to games usually involves a drive through Essex down to Epping, followed by a fairly torturous 26 stops on the central line over to Shepherds bush. I guess life would have been much easier if I'd supported spuds or the hammers, but I have taste ;-)

When I arrive in Shepherds bush before a game there really is nowhere else in the world I would rather be.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
        Welcome Glasgowlad, I hope you get to see a good game.

I can't really help regarding the travel, others on here will know more. My route to games usually involves a drive through Essex down to Epping, followed by a fairly torturous 26 stops on the central line over to Shepherds bush. I guess life would have been much easier if I'd supported spuds or the hammers, but I have taste ;-)

When I arrive in Shepherds bush before a game there really is nowhere else in the world I would rather be.
        Chuck in the Clacton train with bus replacements and 23 stops on the Central line and you have my journey.

Comment

I feel so sorry for the difficult lives you lead. Fast train to Clapham Junction hop on to the overground and you're there, me. You certainly are true supporters to go through that every game.

Comment

From Wembley probs best to get the bakerloo from Wembley Central to Harlseden. Then get off and get the 228 from outside Harlseden station. Will take you right down the Uxbridge road near the ground where all the boozers are

Comment

If you walk up to Wembley Central you can get a train to Shepherd’s Bush. You will probably have to change at Willesdon Junction but it is a simple enough journey. Done it plenty of times.

Comment

Welcome GlasgowLad, here is a link to the Transport for London website.

https://tfl.gov.uk/

There are many options from Wembley to Loftus Rd, the closest underground stations to the ground are White City on the Central line and Wood Lane on the Metropolitan line.

When Rangers get to Wembley for a cup final, thousands of R’s fans walk the 5 miles between the grounds.

The Crown And Sceptre in Goodwin Rd is my favourite, about a ten minute walk to the ground, very good foodbut there are lots of pubs around the Bush, the Queens Tavern is next to the ground, but as far as I am aware they don’t food, Westfield’s shopping centre is about a 20 minute walk and has dozens of restaurants.

https://www.crownandsceptreshepherds...food-and-drink

What part of Glasgow are you from? I have family in Rutherglen
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Easy ground to get to

Comment

Hello mate, I’m also based in Glasgow if you ever fancy watching a game and grabbing a beer!
                    ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

Have you seen much of the potential signing Scott McKenna? I’ve seen reviews saying he’s quality and others saying he’s a donkey

Comment

Working...
                      X