Plastic scousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic scousers

I was given 2 tickets for Liverpool v napoli today at murrayfield, we went along with it and decided to support napoli for the day (was never gonna be the micky mouses).
    It was hilarious, a 67000 sell out, never heard one scouse accent but Liverpool tops everywhere (mostly new) and champs league final t shirts on man and woman young and old.
    The best bit was when the teams came out to ynwa, hardly a peep until the chorus as no one knew the words!
    Napoli murdered them 3-0, granted no salah firmino or mane but the rest were there including the first choice back four, napoli had mertens and insigne up front but had their best 2 defenders missing.
    75 minutes gone and the plastic scousers were leaving in droves, made my day as loads had t shirts that said "never give up" in reference to the barca come back but it also shows up what's wrong with our game, money and TV. Tickets today were from £28 to £67 and it completely sold out, it was billed as a glamour friendly but with their top 3 missing (alot of kids would of been disappointed) it was purely about making money and spreading the "brand", I counted 5 pop up Liverpool official shops in the staduim grounds.
    They came from all over Scotland for this causing road tailbacks and packed out trains but I doubt many will be supporting local teams next week.
    I'd take a half full Loftus road with real fans any day over what I saw at murrayfield.

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    I was given 2 tickets for Liverpool v napoli today at murrayfield, we went along with it and decided to support napoli for the day (was never gonna be the micky mouses).
    It was hilarious, a 67000 sell out, never heard one scouse accent but Liverpool tops everywhere (mostly new) and champs league final t shirts on man and woman young and old.
    The best bit was when the teams came out to ynwa, hardly a peep until the chorus as no one knew the words!
    Napoli murdered them 3-0, granted no salah firmino or mane but the rest were there including the first choice back four, napoli had mertens and insigne up front but had their best 2 defenders missing.
    75 minutes gone and the plastic scousers were leaving in droves, made my day as loads had t shirts that said "never give up" in reference to the barca come back but it also shows up what's wrong with our game, money and TV. Tickets today were from £28 to £67 and it completely sold out, it was billed as a glamour friendly but with their top 3 missing (alot of kids would of been disappointed) it was purely about making money and spreading the "brand", I counted 5 pop up Liverpool official shops in the staduim grounds.
    They came from all over Scotland for this causing road tailbacks and packed out trains but I doubt many will be supporting local teams next week.
    I'd take a half full Loftus road with real fans any day over what I saw at murrayfield.
    half full some games would be a upgrade.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
    X