• Show
Clear All

• striker (finally) incoming....

soon...

https://twitter.com/QPR/status/1154054884154630144

booooooom! it's jan mlakar

https://twitter.com/QPR/status/1154058661947412480

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...kar-joins-qpr/

I’m sorry to be negative but this player is hardly exciting. Happy to get a striker in tho
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      I’m sorry to be negative but this player is hardly exciting. Happy to get a striker in tho
      He’s class on grass. JN

Comment

I'd sooner see this type of signing than another "established" striker who thinks he has nothing to prove.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I've never heard of him, but quick look on wiki shows he's young, played for Maribor and then I'm guessing Brighton signed him and loaned him back to Maribor. Never played a game for Brighton but decent record for Maribor, who are in the qualifying rounds for Champions League

16 goals in 38 games

Comment

It's official now.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

honestly, i have next to zero knowledge about the new signing, but it is interesting that until he cropped up in a journalist's tweet about 2-3 hours ago, there was zero chat about (ok, apparently james nutt knew, but had been asked personally by mlakar to keep it quiet). at least implies that we are being a bit sensible for once...

(edit: ...and that jn can keep a secret!)

Comment

I’m hoping he’s the same impact as pukki at Norwich, even his mum hadn’t heard of him and he scored for fun

Comment

Hmmm.... never scored on British soil ?

I don't know what to say or add...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

He’s class on grass. JN
                    He won’t be much use to us if he is smoking that stuff

Comment

BRIGHTON & Hove Albion’s Jan Mlakar joins QPR fresh from firing NK Maribor to the Slovenian title.

The young striker signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Albion in January, but immediately returned to Maribor for the rest of the season to continue his development. It proved to be a wise decision as 15 goals in 36 games back in his homeland saw Mlakar almost single-handedly secure silverware.

Mlakar started his career in Slovenia but it was at Fiorentina where he made his name, progressing through the club’s youth system before making his Serie A debut in 2017.

The 20-year-old made a handful of appearances in the famous purple shirt either side of a brief loan spell with Serie B side Venezia before signing for Maribor. Back on home soil, he featured three times during their qualifying campaign for the UEFA Europa League.

Mlakar has also represented Slovenia’s national team at various youth levels, playing for the Under-16s, Under-17s, Under-19s and Under-21s since making his first appearance in 2014

Comment

jan2.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=900&height=506&quality=80.jpg

Comment

Welcome Jan.

Comment

Amazing the negativity of some on here as the lad just arrives .Seems like some just like slagging the club regardless of what they do .

Comment

As I've posted previously its these young eastern European strikers we should be looking to buy ourselves. Looks a decent signing in a one year loan. Plenty to prove whilst hes with us not some old has been creating a bad smell around the place.

Well done Les.......!!

Comment

Working...
                              X