Every summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every summer

For about the last four or five years i have read the posts on this board and every year they have been more or less the same.

The optimists and the pessimists.

In truth i cant see this changing in the future as we still make rash decisions in relation to our strategy which changes like the wind.

But this year they certainly seem to be surpassing their efforts in past seasons,so it's going to be another mediocre season where avoiding relegation is the prize and depending who we get in as forwards i believe relegation is more of a threat than ever.

Still i started following rangers in the third tier so its not the end of the world.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    For about the last four or five years i have read the posts on this board and every year they have been more or less the same.

In truth i cant see this changing in the future as we still make rash decisions in relation to our strategy which changes like the wind.

But this year they certainly seem to be surpassing their efforts in past seasons,so it's going to be another mediocre season where avoiding relegation is the prize and depending who we get in as forwards i believe relegation is more of a threat than ever.

Still i started following rangers in the third tier so its not the end of the world.
    I fully expect us to be in a relegation battle again just like we have been in previous years . When you look at our transfer budget and the way we are cutting costs , staying up will be an achievement.The club has no option due to ffp but I still think we are heading in the right direction even though a lot of fans can’t see the bigger picture.

Comment

P
      Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I fully expect us to be in a relegation battle again just like we have been in previous years . When you look at our transfer budget and the way we are cutting costs , staying up will be an achievement.The club has no option due to ffp but I still think we are heading in the right direction even though a lot of fans can’t see the bigger picture.
      So prey please tell me what the bigger picture is and when can we look forward to this

Comment

The parachute payments have stopped so we are already 10 million down on last year , hence why we are selling players . Ffp is done on a continuous 3 year roll , our losses have improved last couple of seasons compared to the previous years.So from next season onwards we will be in a much better place financially and our wage bill would have reduced massively. What’s not positive about that ?

Comment

The parachute payments have stopped so we are already 10 million down on last year , hence why we are selling players . Ffp is done on a continuous 3 year roll , our losses have improved last couple of seasons compared to the previous years.So from next season onwards we will be in a much better place financially and our wage bill would have reduced massively. What’s not positive about that ?
          Meantime we are losing fans our revenues suffer so we still have to sell players and we are no further forward no progress and quite possibly in a lower division so our ffp commitments become harder.What is the positives from that.Also we have the same people making decisions that so far have been shambolic to say the least.

Comment

Meantime we are losing fans our revenues suffer so we still have to sell players and we are no further forward no progress and quite possibly in a lower division so our ffp commitments become harder.What is the positives from that.Also we have the same people making decisions that so far have been shambolic to say the least.
            You say your a long time fan , so you will know we have a hardcore 10k fans regardless of what league we are in .As for ffp it’s not going to get better over night but we are a couple of seasons now into running the club more sensibly.As for the owners , I agree with you they have made a mess of it but I doubt there are buyers queuing around the block to take this mess on so we need to hope they see it through until we are in a better situation.

Comment

Like it or not we are in a downward spiral with nobody on board who has the guile experience or knowhow to sort this out so I guess we will be waiting a long time and just stagnating or worse.

Comment

I agree to a certain amount of your frustration Bill, however we properly cocked up when in the premier league with no business concept for the long term gain. we had a business plan to secure safety and fell miserably short. We then have FFP rightly or wrongly as other clubs flaunt regulations however the likes of Derby etc have far greater revenue in terms of crowd income to the tune of 25k a game we barely scrape 15k

TF and co imo I wouldn't trust to run a bath never mind a football club, but we are where we are. As a fan all we can really do is get behind MW and hope its entertaining. our problem is that were really hoping the likes of Luton Charlton etc that come up don't succeed at the next tier. all in all its going to be another slog.

Comment

Mate and there's not any problem with the fans not seeing the bigger picture that's just opinions , the problem and that's putting it mildly is the owners / board can't see the picture out they bring in a new picture every season , me even if it meant going down and trying to see a plan come to fruition would prove they do see a bigger picture , we can't keep flirting with relegation cos that's a sure way of making it happen

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Mate and there's not any problem with the fans not seeing the bigger picture that's just opinions , the problem and that's putting it mildly is the owners / board can't see the picture out they bring in a new picture every season , me even if it meant going down and trying to see a plan come to fruition would prove they do see a bigger picture , we can't keep flirting with relegation cos that's a sure way of making it happen
                    So how do you suggest we stop flirting with relegation having just had a January transfer embargo, ffp still hanging over us and having to sell players to make up the shortfall of the parachute payments we no longer get ?

Comment

So how do you suggest we stop flirting with relegation having just had a January transfer embargo, ffp still hanging over us and having to sell players to make up the shortfall of the parachute payments we no longer get ?
                      Stop selling players at bargain basement prices would help. How many clubs accept the 1st or 2nd offer made for their players when they are low bids?

Even if there are no other bidders, the bidding club does not know that. Unless the player's contract has a release clause the club should hold out for more moneyteam struggles and if it doesn't come in keep the player.

As Bill said, the team struggles and fans stay away which means less income. Also, relegation will cost the club even more..

Other clubs have to deal with the ffp rules but I don't see them constantly selling their players. Imo the club is badly run and hiding behind the ffp rules to cover up their poor work.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Stop selling players at bargain basement prices would help. How many clubs accept the 1st or 2nd offer made for their players when they are low bids?

Even if there are no other bidders, the bidding club does not know that. Unless the player's contract has a release clause the club should hold out for more moneyteam struggles and if it doesn't come in keep the player.

As Bill said, the team struggles and fans stay away which means less income. Also, relegation will cost the club even more..

Other clubs have to deal with the ffp rules but I don't see them constantly selling their players. Imo the club is badly run and hiding behind the ffp rules to cover up their poor work.
                          Did Birmingham not sell che Adams , jota and couldn’t keep their captain Morrison due to ffp. ?We are not alone in this and yes board decisions have been poor down the years but who would buy us now ?As for the low transfer fees it’s no secret we are skint and are in no position to reject bids . That’s the reality of it whether you like it or not .

Comment

Is that Tony getting his pants pulled down again

Comment

Did Birmingham not sell che Adams , jota and couldn’t keep their captain Morrison due to ffp. ?We are not alone in this and yes board decisions have been poor down the years but who would buy us now ?As for the low transfer fees it’s no secret we are skint and are in no position to reject bids . That’s the reality of it whether you like it or not .
                              Brum got decent fees.So we jus accept a bid and carry on.This is exactly why we need change strong management choose a strategy stick with it play hardball and get as much a you can.

Bluff double bluff do what it takes,to get the best deal for the club but i fear we dont have the right people to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X