Furlong to WBA for 1.5m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
    I don't get everyone on here, the lad is by far good enough for our sorry team who will be heading towards league 1 at an alarming rate of knots given our transfer business this Summer! It wasn't long ago when he was being touted as a future Rangers captain! Give the lad a break, he is good enough to play right back and in his better position (imho) centre back. He is quick, good in the air, can tackle, can get forward, scores the odd goal and he is still so very young so has time on his side to develop and get better and ofcourse is no where near his peak yet or reaching his full potential. A player like this we should be trying to keep, not virtually giving him away for washers and shirt buttons! If he goes for the fee being banded around, mark my words Lumley will be next for about half a mil...if it's not already a done deal behind the fans back again! Hence the 4th bloody keeper signed yesterday?! WHERE ARE THE BLOODY STRIKERS?????
    I agree.
    Whilst I think he has not been great, he does have potential to improve. I also think he is better as a CB.

As Maidstone Hoop's post and stats with the Luton lad who went for £8m, Furlong's fee is well below what they could & shouid have got for Furlong.

This does have the feel of a fire sale at the club and quite frankly smacks of desperation which will only see more low offers for other players like Lumley & Luongo.

And in response to Romford's comments to me, I am not just guessing at the fees.

£5M is the reported fee for Freeman and Bristol City have a sell on clause which will give them around £1M of that.
    £1.5M is the fee reported for Furlong.

The only guesses (and this are educated ones) are the fee paid for Smith - 1 year left on his contact means unlikely that Millwall would have paid more than 500k , if indeed that much. Luongo, given he has been told to go (it's public knowledge) and has 1 year left on his deal which club will pay more than £1m for him?

Comment

Honestly not having a dig at you or Maidstone, would genuinely like to know your honest valuations of say the team that played most of last year, the likes of Furlong Lynch, Bidwell etc, bearing in mind that defence was torn a new one nearly every week, sometimes even when we won would could easily have lost, is 2 million plus add ons so bad for Furlong, nearly 24, how much more could he learn, Freeman 5 million, 27 years old, great championship player, is he Premiership class, I hope he is, has a great season, and we have a sell on clause once United get relegated and sell him for 20 million. Lynch, most fans would have sold him for 50p, yet bizarrely a Prem team albeit Sheffield United had him on trial. Luongo 2-3 million maybe, is that fair, I honestly believe the fees we have got are not that far from their true value.

Dont get me wrong, I’m no Happy Clappy fan who only ever sees good, I am like most people worried about the new season, so many changes, very young side and obviously strikers which can be sorted.
      i just think we may take 8-10 games to mould a promising set of players, however by then could be around the bottom 3 with 7-8 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
        Honestly not having a dig at you or Maidstone, would genuinely like to know your honest valuations of say the team that played most of last year, the likes of Furlong Lynch, Bidwell etc, bearing in mind that defence was torn a new one nearly every week, sometimes even when we won would could easily have lost, is 2 million plus add ons so bad for Furlong, nearly 24, how much more could he learn, Freeman 5 million, 27 years old, great championship player, is he Premiership class, I hope he is, has a great season, and we have a sell on clause once United get relegated and sell him for 20 million. Lynch, most fans would have sold him for 50p, yet bizarrely a Prem team albeit Sheffield United had him on trial. Luongo 2-3 million maybe, is that fair, I honestly believe the fees we have got are not that far from their true value.

Dont get me wrong, I’m no Happy Clappy fan who only ever sees good, I am like most people worried about the new season, so many changes, very young side and obviously strikers which can be sorted.
        i just think we may take 8-10 games to mould a promising set of players, however by then could be around the bottom 3 with 7-8 points.
        every single word

Comment

selling a decent prospect to WBA for 1.5 mil, we will pick up a lesser player for less money. WBA gold season ticket 429 gbp , QPR 679 ,we r being mugged off!!

Comment

gone!
            https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-qpr-for-wba/

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
              selling a decent prospect to WBA for 1.5 mil, we will pick up a lesser player for less money. WBA gold season ticket 429 gbp , QPR 679 ,we r being mugged off!!
              I also feel that we are being mugged off and that the club are not very good at negotiating better fees for the players. Regardless of how some feel that Furlong was part of a leaky defence the point is that WB rate and wanted to buy him. QPR knocked back the 1st offer, but meakly accepted the 2nd one.

Yes, QPR have moved a lot of players in and out and will no doubt struggle this season, I can only hope that they do not go down. And if they do, heads should roll, and not necessarily Warburton's.

Comment

Just seen that Sam Byram a highly rated fullback from West Ham joined Norwich for £750k .That doesn’t make the furlong price look to shabby to me.

Comment

Cheerio. Wont be missed. JN

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    Well my Gold s/t is £530 not £679
                    and WBA ground holds nearly 27k, simple economics, if you sell more, you can sell cheaper.

And to correct another post, Luton didn’t get £8m for either of their full backs. They got £6m for one & £4m for t’other. Both are younger, more talented than Furlong and have international experience.

Comment

Won’t be missed, bye
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

Well my Gold s/t is £530 not £679
                        and WBA ground holds nearly 27k, simple economics, if you sell more, you can sell cheaper.

And to correct another post, Luton didn’t get £8m for either of their full backs. They got £6m for one & £4m for t’other. Both are younger, more talented than Furlong and have international experience.
                        And wba haven’t been hit with ffp but some fans don’t see that either .

Comment

Some of our fans are proper strange. Just looked on twitter and it’s like someone has died. Is this the same Furlong I’ve been watching?

Comment

Genuine question - have many players we have sold under value (and that we didn't want to go) gone on to be first team regulars elsewhere? All I can think of is the absolute waste of Smithies who didn't play a single game at Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by QCR View Post
                              Genuine question - have many players we have sold under value (and that we didn't want to go) gone on to be first team regulars elsewhere? All I can think of is the absolute waste of Smithies who didn't play a single game at Cardiff.
                              the injury-prone striker charlie austin has managed 40 starts and 41 substitute appearances since he was sold off undervalued (ie for an accounting profit of £3.5m) in 2016 - does that count?

actually, you could argue that el khayati is an established first teamer - 65 starts (and 25 goals) over 2 seasons at fc den haag (finished 7th in the dutch league last season). whether anyone didn't want him to go is a bit questionable though...

Comment

Good luck Darnell. Well not against us when we play WBA live on da box.

Comment

Working...
                                X