Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furlong to WBA for 1.5m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Furlong to WBA for 1.5m

    According to the Daily Mail...

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-Furlong.html

  • #2
    Really shocked if true and would again show how poorly this club is being run.

    I get that we are going to sell our youngsters and the clubs supposed philosophy is now to bring through our own and sell them on for a profit. However, 1.5 mill for Furlong is a bargain and the club let him run down his contract and we are being robbed again, let alone this will weaken the squad.

    One step forward, two steps backwards all the time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Explains why he was not in the squad on Saturday v Oxford!

      Comment


      • #4
        This was put up on twitter just to put this potential deal in perspective -

        Justin James Luton to Leicester - 6 mill plus

        1 x full season - 43 games
        22 y/o
        3 goals
        8 assists

        Furlong

        RB/CB
        23 y/o
        132 games plus a few in the prem
        4 goals
        11 assists

        1.5 mill ffs

        Comment


        • #5
          Iím happy personally. Heís a weak link & opposition attack him


          !!! Grant Hall is brilliant !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Will be so f*cked off if this is true.
            I am a realist in that the finances of this club dictate that we have to be a selling club, but this does not work if you give your players away.
            Everyone knows that there is a fire sale at QPR and make ridiculously low offers and we just say ok to the first club that comes in.
            Bristol City sell their full back Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth for £13m. We get £1.5m for Furlong who can also play CB.
            We will now have to rely on a 38 year old full back who missed a lot of pre season.
            Something has to change

            Comment


            • #7
              Have never rated Furlong, good going forward, not so clever at defending, positional sense quite poor, 1.5 million will do very nicely,

              Comment


              • #8
                Donít care . Very very average player. Redondo is being brought in and is twice the player. Rangel will act as his mentor. JN

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  Donít care . Very very average player. Redondo is being brought in and is twice the player. Rangel will act as his mentor. JN
                  Except Furlong and Rangel are RBs and Redondo is a LB.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Maybe Kakay will be involved now and be back up to Rangel. Is Niko a right or left back?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

                      Except Furlong and Rangel are RBs and Redondo is a LB.
                      Heís versatile. JN

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                        Have never rated Furlong, good going forward, not so clever at defending, positional sense quite poor, 1.5 million will do very nicely,
                        It doesn't really matter whether you rate Furlong,. We should be getting the highest possible fee for our players. West Brom will be looking for play offs at least this season and obviously do rate him.
                        We should be quoting them a stupidly high fee, like Bristol City and Luton did, and see at what point West Brom bite, rather than sell at such a low price that their new manager publicly says he is a bargain (like Freeman).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mem View Post
                          Maybe Kakay will be involved now and be back up to Rangel. Is Niko a right or left back?
                          Nico is LB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I really donít rate Furlong so not that bothered but could of conned WBA for more quite easy. 1.5mil sounds like an opening bid and weíve just accepted it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post

                              It doesn't really matter whether you rate Furlong,. We should be getting the highest possible fee for our players. West Brom will be looking for play offs at least this season and obviously do rate him.
                              We should be quoting them a stupidly high fee, like Bristol City and Luton did, and see at what point West Brom bite, rather than sell at such a low price that their new manager publicly says he is a bargain (like Freeman).
                              This 100%.

                              And people think that our DOF is doing a good job.

                              They should be asking for a minimum of £6m given how much is paid for players these days.

                              Try and get decent fees for the players, to avoid needing to sell so many of them.

                              I am really getting F...ed off with the club.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X