1982 FA Cup replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 FA Cup replay

I was only 12 years old at the time so I'm beginning to wonder if my memories of the replay are a little rose tinted...I seem to recall one of our players getting fouled in the Spurs penalty box and that we didnt get a penalty but he was still on the floor when Spurs got the penalty at that won it at the other end shortly after....Is there any reality to that?

I wasn't able to do the replay,bit vaguely remember the commentators saying that the best team lost
    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

no, we hardly got out our half for five minutes up until their penalty....

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
        I wasn't able to do the replay,bit vaguely remember the commentators saying that the best team lost
        after their penalty we took over and should have won.....with the exception of them hitting the post, it was all qpr.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

after their penalty we took over and should have won.....with the exception of them hitting the post, it was all qpr.
          That's how I remember it and Tony Currie's ludicrous foul for the penalty

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

That's how I remember it and Tony Currie's ludicrous foul for the penalty
            silly tackle, couldn't believe he made it.

Comment

We hammered them and lost 1-0.
              I was 19 and remember it clearly.
              I have the full 90 minute replay on dvd I picked up in bargain books for 99p a few years back, I've watched it a few times over the years and how we didn't score at least 3 never ceases to amaze me.
              Fond memories of rangers in 70's and 80's, won't talk about Wembley 86 though! as I can't afford the therapy!!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                We hammered them and lost 1-0.
                I was 19 and remember it clearly.
                I have the full 90 minute replay on dvd I picked up in bargain books for 99p a few years back, I've watched it a few times over the years and how we didn't score at least 3 never ceases to amaze me.
                Fond memories of rangers in 70's and 80's, won't talk about Wembley 86 though! as I can't afford the therapy!!
                Love this comment...I had a work thing I couldnt avoid in 1986 and watched the final on a 4 inch screen in the back of my parents' car travelling from near Exeter to Plymouth...yes portable TVs existed back then.

Comment

I was only 12 years old at the time so I'm beginning to wonder if my memories of the replay are a little rose tinted...I seem to recall one of our players getting fouled in the Spurs penalty box and that we didnt get a penalty but he was still on the floor when Spurs got the penalty at that won it at the other end shortly after....Is there any reality to that?
                  I don't recall that, but I do recall Micklewhite scoring from a free kick only for it to be harsh;y ruled out because Fenwick was running away from the goal from an offside position.

Comment

we would loose getting a tube through wembley
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Love this comment...I had a work thing I couldnt avoid in 1986 and watched the final on a 4 inch screen in the back of my parents' car travelling from near Exeter to Plymouth...yes portable TVs existed back then.
                      What happenened in 1986? I remember 1982 quite well, but my memory is not quite what it used to be!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

What happenened in 1986? I remember 1982 quite well, but my memory is not quite what it used to be!
                        my daughter was born in 1986, completely compensated for that abortion on the 20th april 1986.

Comment

We were all over them in the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Sorry, I was mixing up my cup finals...I watched QPR lose to Oxford in the League Cup Final of 1986 on my way to Plymouth...my bad, alcohol induced error.

Comment

I was 15 in 1986 in a school full of West Ham, Tottenham & Liverpool fans it was genuinely a very painful experience. Having seen us reach finals in 82 & 86, I'd never have believed you if you told me back then that we wouldn't even get a sniff of a final in the next 33+ years. Maybe I'm a bit old school, but given the choice, I'd take a cup win over another promotion for sure...
                              Last edited by Qpstranger; 21-07-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X