Warbs Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbs Happy

RANGERS boss Mark Warburton was much more satisfied after seeing his team get their first win of pre-season this afternoon (Saturday).

Spurs loanee Luke Amos was at the double, as QPR overcame Oxford United 2-1 in front of 1,088 travelling R’s fans. Amos’ first-half brace was followed by Alex Gorrins’ reply for Karl Robinson’s hosts shortly before the break.

Warburton may have been disappointed with the Hoops’ intensity in our midweek defeat at National League Boreham Wood, but shared no such concern following the final whistle at the Kassam Stadium

“That was miles better,” the gaffer told www.qpr.co.uk. “As you saw, the intensity was much improved and we moved the ball quicker.

“We created chances and it was night and day from Tuesday – but we have to keep on moving forward.

“It was good for long periods, and in truth we should have been out of sight in the end given the chances that we created.

“We have to keep making progress. The quicker we can move the ball, get back into shape and dominate areas of the pitch, the quicker we’ll be okay.”

He added: “We have to continue to get better with and without the ball – creating chances and taking those chances.

“There were lots of good things to take from today, but if we want to improve we have to maximise the chances we create.

“We could have scored three, four or five. Hitting the post or bar is fine, but you have to get your rewards and enjoy them.”

Moving onto the subject of Amos’ first two goals in a QPR shirt, Warburton continued: “I was delighted for him.

“He’s had a tough time through injury, losing a big chunk of last season. It was frustrating for him.

“But he’s a very talented boy, and all credit to him for working so hard to rehabilitate. Spurs have looked after him and we have that responsibility to take on board moving forward.

“To see him play the hour that well, that strong and to get two goals as well with a smile on his face is what it’s all about. It’s great for him.

“He’s worked hard and I’m looking forward to seeing him develop in the weeks ahead. I’ve no doubt that there’s more to come from him.”

It’s well-documented that Rangers are still looking to add more players to their first-team squad before the end of the summer transfer window.

Warburton had an update on the subject post-match.

“The new players are settling in well,” he said. “We’re undergoing radical surgery, but there are some really good people in the dressing room.

“There are some more players to come in next week, before the start of the season, and what we have to try to do is bed them in.

Me too.....it's just pre-season who gives a fuqq? I like Warbs, proper honest manager, his job should be safe for two years min
    with the investment in players we've given him

Comment

Cameron ,Arsenal kid and West Ham striker on loan I assume ,maybe judge if we raise our 250 offer .I think if we get these in,we should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Cameron ,Arsenal kid and West Ham striker on loan I assume ,maybe judge if we raise our 250 offer .I think if we get these in,we should be ok
        That's only one hitman we need 2

Comment

Nahki Wells will be like the terminator............BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

3 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Nahki Wells will be like the terminator............BACK!
              I bloody hope so, he’s a very good option atm
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Of course we need at least 2,I assumed The young Arsenal player was a striker?....just checked with my reliable source (google),he is

Comment

Is Wells effective enough? I`m not sure..
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Take wells all day long over what we currently have

Comment

RANGERS boss Mark Warburton was much more satisfied after seeing his team get their first win of pre-season this afternoon (Saturday).

Spurs loanee Luke Amos was at the double, as QPR overcame Oxford United 2-1 in front of 1,088 travelling R’s fans. Amos’ first-half brace was followed by Alex Gorrins’ reply for Karl Robinson’s hosts shortly before the break.

Warburton may have been disappointed with the Hoops’ intensity in our midweek defeat at National League Boreham Wood, but shared no such concern following the final whistle at the Kassam Stadium

“That was miles better,” the gaffer told www.qpr.co.uk. “As you saw, the intensity was much improved and we moved the ball quicker.

“We created chances and it was night and day from Tuesday – but we have to keep on moving forward.

“It was good for long periods, and in truth we should have been out of sight in the end given the chances that we created.

“We have to keep making progress. The quicker we can move the ball, get back into shape and dominate areas of the pitch, the quicker we’ll be okay.”

He added: “We have to continue to get better with and without the ball – creating chances and taking those chances.

“There were lots of good things to take from today, but if we want to improve we have to maximise the chances we create.

“We could have scored three, four or five. Hitting the post or bar is fine, but you have to get your rewards and enjoy them.”

Moving onto the subject of Amos’ first two goals in a QPR shirt, Warburton continued: “I was delighted for him.

“He’s had a tough time through injury, losing a big chunk of last season. It was frustrating for him.

“But he’s a very talented boy, and all credit to him for working so hard to rehabilitate. Spurs have looked after him and we have that responsibility to take on board moving forward.

“To see him play the hour that well, that strong and to get two goals as well with a smile on his face is what it’s all about. It’s great for him.

“He’s worked hard and I’m looking forward to seeing him develop in the weeks ahead. I’ve no doubt that there’s more to come from him.”

It’s well-documented that Rangers are still looking to add more players to their first-team squad before the end of the summer transfer window.

Warburton had an update on the subject post-match.

“The new players are settling in well,” he said. “We’re undergoing radical surgery, but there are some really good people in the dressing room.

“There are some more players to come in next week, before the start of the season, and what we have to try to do is bed them in.

It would be easioer to bed them in had QPR arranged more than 4 pre season friendlies.

They could arrange 6-8 friendlies to play back to back over 2 days in midweek and weekends i.e. Tues/Weds & Sat/Sun using the 1st team squad and players from the U23 squad to name 2 matchday sqauds of 16.

This would allow players to not only get fit but also adapt to the system Warburton wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Is Wells effective enough? I`m not sure..
                        Wells up against Eze, BOS or Oteh , well it's a no brainer as far as I am concerned. The QPR trio will struggle to reach double figures between them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Wells up against Eze, BOS or Oteh , well it's a no brainer as far as I am concerned. The QPR trio will struggle to reach double figures between them.
                          But towards the end of the season he just went out of steam. Totally. Maybe we should look elsewhere??
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

But towards the end of the season he just went out of steam. Totally. Maybe we should look elsewhere??
                            He did. but he is still streets ahead of the strikers? currently at the club. He managed a few goals in the Championship in 2019 which is more than Oteh managed in L1.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

He did. but he is still streets ahead of the strikers? currently at the club. He managed a few goals in the Championship in 2019 which is more than Oteh managed in L1.
                              That`s true, and as we know, strikers tend to go through bad patches...
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X