Wycombe want Smyth apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utter bull$..hit.

Sell the lad rather than loan him out if not rated. But as said, he has looked better than BOS Shodipo and Oteh so don't understand this.

Comment

Gotta hope that this means we've got 2 or 3 decent strikers incoming, but at QPR you just can't be sure can you. Probably end up getting nothing in whatsoever and start the season with Oteh on his own up front, no disrespect to him, it's not his fault, I just don't think he is anywhere near good enough

Comment

Now hes gone I hope he does well and he'll be happy to sign a contract extension with us in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          I struggle to believe that some of you lot actually know anything about football. Acting like he’s come into the team and ripped the championship apart. Was a squad player for Accrington now all of a sudden he should be playing for us.
          That may be the case, but he performed better on loan than Shodipo did when he was loaned out and miles better than Oteh did at Walsall, yet those two are still at the club.

Comment

We are overlooking things here. Firstly, there are presumably more signings on the way in and the squad needs to work as a unit. Chair’ s loan spell last season worked out well and we may yet reap the reward. Much better for him to go now, get games under his belt at a club we are used to working with. Presumably if things go to plan there will be a contract extension offer on the table. If he can’t cut it with Wycombe it’s highly unlikely he would have made an impact with us. I wish we posters had more trust in the football intelligence of our staff.

Comment

I personally really try to be positive, and I am tired of the incessant moaning and expectation levels amongst some of our fans...

But in Smyth, I have seen potential, energy and hunger. I thought this would be his season with us.

And I must admit, these are qualities Im not sure exist in Shodipo, Oteh and BOS. I might be wrong, and we shall see.

I just hope that the striker(s) that are incoming are better and hungrier than the above names...

Comment

I struggle to believe that some of you lot actually know anything about football. Acting like he’s come into the team and ripped the championship apart. Was a squad player for Accrington now all of a sudden he should be playing for us.
                Spent half a season there and made 15 appearances scoring 3 times. If he played a fully season with 30 appearances and 6 goals that would be a pretty good season. Hardly a squad player for a young lad.

Comment

PAUL Smyth has joined League One club Wycombe Wanderers on a season-long loan deal.

Manager Mark Warburton has explained the decision to allow Smyth to head out on loan.

He said: "Paul came to the club, settled in well and made a very positive impression. However, he now needs to continue his development by playing regular first-team football and in Gareth and Wycombe we have the perfect environment for this to happen.

"Yes, he could benefit from being around the first-team squad here and having occasional pitch time but our focus has to be on having Paul develop as swiftly as possible and there is no better teacher than playing the game itself.

"We will work closely with Gareth, someone we trust and respect very much, to ensure that Paul's development is closely monitored, with the focus on being to have Paul return to the club at the end of the Season a better player for the experience.

Go for it Paul.

Comment

Ffs another great decision the club is ####ed

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Spent half a season there and made 15 appearances scoring 3 times. If he played a fully season with 30 appearances and 6 goals that would be a pretty good season. Hardly a squad player for a young lad.
                      Just seems people slate the club anything that they do. Surely McClaren and Warburton know better than us, they watch them everyday

Comment

At least he got us fans off our feet... I wish him well at WW.

Comment

Just seems people slate the club anything that they do. Surely McClaren and Warburton know better than us, they watch them everyday
                          Agreed.
                          But I think we're desperate to see one of the young lads make it. Eze has made the first steps, hopefully theres more of him to come.

Comment

The one player with genuine pace and guess what
                            we loan him out

Comment

He’s just got himself a neat assists . As I said he has end product unlike our lot
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                              X