No announcement yet.

Wycombe want Smyth apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a weird decision as Peterborough offered to buy him and we knocked them back. To the potentially loan him out seems a bit daft in the final year of a contract, then again we do daft things.

From what I saw of Oteh at Boreham Wood he was proper pony and needs bombing out before Smyth imo.

Comment

Thought He looked dangerous when he played and would consider him as a centre forward as we seem to have enough wingers/ wide midfielders. Has genuine pace in a position where we don't have either players or pace. He along with Chair are to me the 2 who we should look to be developing . Not sure a season at long ball Wycombe will develop him. Season of struggle me thinks.

Comment

The less he plays, the better he is becoming for us.

Comment

He’s class imo. Would 100% have him over smyth and bright. JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
            He’s class imo. Would 100% have him over smyth and bright. JN
            Definitely JN. One has end product and the other is just a packet player who people over rate with no end product

Smyth should definitely stay
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              Bit of a weird decision as Peterborough offered to buy him and we knocked them back. To the potentially loan him out seems a bit daft in the final year of a contract, then again we do things.

From what I saw of Oteh at Boreham Wood he was proper pony and needs bombing out before Smyth imo.
              Perhaps the DoF and Head Coach are not on the same wavelength.

I really don't understand the logic of a season long loan in the final year of his contract. If Wycombe or any other club, want him then they should have to buy the player.

However, he is the best striker/winger the club have imo. He has genuine pace and can cause defences plenty of problems on the counter attack .

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Perhaps the DoF and Head Coach are not on the same wavelength.

I really don't understand the logic of a season long loan in the final year of his contract. If Wycombe or any other club, want him then they should have to buy the player.

However, he is the best striker/winger the club have imo. He has genuine pace and can cause defences plenty of problems on the counter attack .
                Im not too sure many at the club are on same wavelength, from limited amount I've seen him play he had raw pace and weirdly I saw bit of Michael Owen in him size pace etc and thought he could be dangerous. I admit I'm not Uefa level 3 coach but in the same breath I got a Jamie Oliver frying pan pan but I can't cook like him.

if he's going to be bombed out we may as well of sold him. Also strange that Luongo not been used and we want cash for him. I would of though keep him fit as he can pile weight on at least if he's fit would be easier to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Im not too sure many at the club are on same wavelength, from limited amount I've seen him play he had raw pace and weirdly I saw bit of Michael Owen in him size pace etc and thought he could be dangerous. I admit I'm not Uefa level 3 coach but in the same breath I got a Jamie Oliver frying pan pan but I can't cook like him.

if he's going to be bombed out we may as well of sold him. Also strange that Luongo not been used and we want cash for him. I would of though keep him fit as he can pile weight on at least if he's fit would be easier to move on.
                  I agree with you about Luongo. It makes no sense at all to not include him in gthe friendlies. Omitting him like this makes the club look desperate to sell him, thus attracting pi$$ poor bids from clubs for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    Similar in style and physique to Craig Bellemy. Smyth caused all sorts problems for defenders on the wing for us under Holloway, but was lost when we tried him out as a striker. If we dump him I"d like to know why because clearly I'm missing something!
                    Have we really seen enough of him in our team to justify that statement though?
                    I definitely thought this would be the season when we would see him step up but the jury is out still for me. Disappointing if we loan him out though.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Have we really seen enough of him in our team to justify that statement though?
                      I definitely thought this would be the season when we would see him step up but the jury is out still for me. Disappointing if we loan him out though.
                      Possibly not. But I was impressed when I saw him play left wing, but clearly Olly's experiment to play him as a central striker didnt work for me because he was completely out muscled.

We should give him an opportunity at left wing until xmas from what I've seem. But if Warbs has seen enough of him to decide hes not up to it, then so be it.

Theres no point in sending him out on loan with one year of his contract to go. I'd rather sell him and try and get a sell.on clause as part of the deal.

Comment

To be fair to Warburton he see training day in day out, however if he does then Oteh must be a world beater in training as he was utter rubbish at Boreham Wood. would not of trapped a sack of potatoes
                        im not going to make rash statement that Warburton not got a clue as way to early however if the club want Luongo out and don't think Smyth will cut it id rather watch them at Oxford than Oteh and Ball

be interesting Saturday who's up front.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                          The less he plays, the better he is becoming for us.
                          Definitely this. The more I've seen of him the worse he seems to be.

Comment

I struggle to believe that some of you lot actually know anything about football. Acting like he’s come into the team and ripped the championship apart. Was a squad player for Accrington now all of a sudden he should be playing for us.

Comment

Official, gone to Wycombe for the season. ####ing baffled

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                                Official, gone to Wycombe for the season. ####ing baffled
                                So confused. There has to be some logical reason.
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X