Posting up Eze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting up Eze

I believe that Eze, despite a frustrating 2018/9 season, is the most talented player on the club right now. The question remains: what's his best position? Given we've tried him all over the midfield, and in light of our inability thus far to sign vet strikers, why not try him up top this game? He's got a magical way of juking defenders to establish an opening, and his shot looks decent. If we had him manning the middle, Bright-Samuel on the left, a speedster on the right (Smyth, Shodipo) and Chair in the #10 slot, on paper this looks promising. Thoughts?

Are you serious or like me beginning to wonder if we are planning to score next season?

Comment

Nos 10

Comment

on the bench

Comment

Eze has to play. As soon as he’s not on we can’t keep the ball lr create anything. Anyone who’s watched last night and Friday’s game will tell you that

Comment

Why so much anger on this fan website? All I suggested was Eze seems to have extraordinary skills (how many times does he leave a defender kicking at air?) and that maybe, just maybe, he should be given a chance to be a finisher up top.

Look, he’ is just a kid who had a tough season last year after an immense amount of expectation was heaped on his shoulders early on. Yes, we need to recruit/sign another striker or two; yes, it is likely to happen later in the transfer window. But what preseason is about is three things: (1) conditioning players to be match fit; (2) acclimating players to a style of play the manager intends to implement in the season ahead; (3) to try some stuff before it counts. I say try Eze for a half or more up front. If it doesn’t work, which is very possible, we’ will have learned something. If it does work, it may help save a season

Comment

Dont think he is a good header and he himself would not like playing up front.

Comment

You may be right. Just thinking we ought to consider all possibilities with a player with such huge upside potential, on a team full of answered question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                  I believe that Eze, despite a frustrating 2018/9 season, is the most talented player on the club right now. The question remains: what's his best position? Given we've tried him all over the midfield, and in light of our inability thus far to sign vet strikers, why not try him up top this game? He's got a magical way of juking defenders to establish an opening, and his shot looks decent. If we had him manning the middle, Bright-Samuel on the left, a speedster on the right (Smyth, Shodipo) and Chair in the #10 slot, on paper this looks promising. Thoughts?
                  You wouldn't have thought so if you watched him at Oxford on Saturday.!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X