Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Up....

Hi All,

I’m a new poster but have been reading the forum for the past 3 years, but I feel now I this right time to actually vent my feelings about the club.

Number 1) I feel the forum has its fair share of jokers (which is very entertaining) and some points made are valid and correct.

Number 2) The club is going in the right direction - we are no longer a club that should be EXPECTING to go up, but a club that should build from the youth up. A perfect example is a club like Bournemouth who have made the best out of what they have and the budget they HAD to progress in a positive way over a number of years. Like all good businesses (which football is nowadays) we have to be realistic, and if promotion to the prem (which is what we all want) is visible which I feel in a number of years it can be, we have to be patient.

Number 3) And my most important point. If we are to progress as a club we have to stop all this nonsense in sacking managers when the going gets tough. I was a fan of Steveo regardless of the numerous losing streaks. We are a club that can attract a manager of such stature. I cannot believe for one second if Brentford had a managerial vacancy Steveo would apply. We should be lucky and appreciate that such people would want to work for us.

Number 4) Stick by loaf and the current squad (plus a striker or 2) the current season ahead WILL have its ups and downs but as a club that doesn’t expect a win every game, we have to be realistic at where we’re at in as a club.

Im sure others will agree with me and i’m looking forward to conversing with you in the near future.

OB.

Good summary of all things QPR

I was fortunate to be brought up on free flowing football with the likes of Bowles Etc, in reality the club has only had a few seasons in my nearly 50 years as a Rs fan of with a modicum of success, Runners up losing 82 final debacle of milk cup final finishing 5th and and 2 promotions more recent.

In reality bar Leicester miracle the Prems a 5-6 horse race. The championship is a probably the toughest league worldwide to get promoted from. Id rather the club be self sufficient and stable and build itself back up than the merry go round of recent seasons.

In some ways the work of Holloway was probably under estimated as he was properly hands tied, McLaren probably had to many loses to keep his job but he tried to play a better brand of football. I like the way Warburton has has got people he trusts, G Francis did the same brought in Holloway and Penrice I think Tilson as well gives a manager a platform in a dressing room to build on.

As you say 2 strikers may be one loan and a permanent a more positive season may well be on the cards. Im happy with anywhere between 10-15 this season and try not to lose 6 on the spin again, will be tough as we do look a young squad with no goals as present but I can't see us signing no CF this month.

Comment

Yep, its hard to disagree with your logic there, especially in the relative calmness of pre-season. However if we have another bad start to the season (Like last year) I wonder if the cheque book will come out, or whether we will stick to our stated principles and keep faith? Personally, I do think the squad looks a bit short and desperately hope we can bring in a striker or two, I just can't see a bundle of goals in that current squad...

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
        Hi All,

I’m a new poster but have been reading the forum for the past 3 years, but I feel now I this right time to actually vent my feelings about the club.

Number 1) I feel the forum has its fair share of jokers (which is very entertaining) and some points made are valid and correct.

Number 2) The club is going in the right direction - we are no longer a club that should be EXPECTING to go up, but a club that should build from the youth up. A perfect example is a club like Bournemouth who have made the best out of what they have and the budget they HAD to progress in a positive way over a number of years. Like all good businesses (which football is nowadays) we have to be realistic, and if promotion to the prem (which is what we all want) is visible which I feel in a number of years it can be, we have to be patient.

Number 3) And my most important point. If we are to progress as a club we have to stop all this nonsense in sacking managers when the going gets tough. I was a fan of Steveo regardless of the numerous losing streaks. We are a club that can attract a manager of such stature. I cannot believe for one second if Brentford had a managerial vacancy Steveo would apply. We should be lucky and appreciate that such people would want to work for us.

Number 4) Stick by loaf and the current squad (plus a striker or 2) the current season ahead WILL have its ups and downs but as a club that doesn’t expect a win every game, we have to be realistic at where we’re at in as a club.

Im sure others will agree with me and i’m looking forward to conversing with you in the near future.

OB.
        Agree for sure, think the young players are being readied to pull on the yoke, good things to come this season, couple of Striker's in to give us a Goal threat, sure we will have some bad day's at the office but will stay up, looking like a Team again

Comment

Bring back Ollie - the bread man is a fraud!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            Bring back Ollie - the bread man is a fraud!
            if he uses his loaf and earns his crust we'll be fine.

Comment

Yep but I'll feel better when I see some players bought before kick off.

Comment

Only thing that winds me up about our club is how people think it is acceptable "because of our financial situation" to have to accept p*ss poor offers for our players. What is it we have to pay back each year? £1.7m ? Piece of p*ss

Other than that, I think we are going in the right direction and can accept having to be patient for a sniff of promotion (although I believe it could always happen when you least expect it).

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Only thing that winds me up about our club is how people think it is acceptable "because of our financial situation" to have to accept p*ss poor offers for our players. What is it we have to pay back each year? £1.7m ? Piece of p*ss

Other than that, I think we are going in the right direction and can accept having to be patient for a sniff of promotion (although I believe it could always happen when you least expect it).
                  I agree with you about the poor offeres for our players.

Sheff Utd broke their record again to sign a Preston forward that has scored 31 goals for them since joining in 2016.

I have read comments on here that QPR accepted the low bid as no other clubs were interested in signing Freeman, but who was chasing Callum Robinson?

Truth is QPR could have kept Freeman until Sheff Utd offered a bigger fee. Look at how Celtic are trying to get more from Arsenal for Tierney? LF needs to begin to negotiate harder to get more for the club so as only needing to sell one player every 2 or 3 seasons or to invest in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I agree with you about the poor offeres for our players.

Sheff Utd broke their record again to sign a Preston forward that has scored 31 goals for them since joining in 2016.

I have read comments on here that QPR accepted the low bid as no other clubs were interested in signing Freeman, but who was chasing Callum Robinson?

Truth is QPR could have kept Freeman until Sheff Utd offered a bigger fee. Look at how Celtic are trying to get more from Arsenal for Tierney? LF needs to begin to negotiate harder to get more for the club so as only needing to sell one player every 2 or 3 seasons or to invest in the team.
                    Really don't think people see the bigger picture, Freeman could have left on a free transfer this summer but the club got him to sign a new contract last December, so that we could at least get a transfer fee for him, which i believe was 5.5 million, Sheff Utd's record transfer, so perhaps Callum Johnson was 5.6 million, we don't know. What would we want an Unhappy player for 18 months and no transfer fee or keeping our end of the bargain and actually making some cash. So perhaps the criticism is unfounded and the club have actually done well to get a fee for Freeman at all. Does anyone really think that Les and Hoo's sit there thinking lets strike a deal up to sell the club short, get as little as we can for our players and wind up the fans at the same time or is it us fans really don't understand what goes on behind the scenes? Im going for the latter as Les and Hoo's are not idiots, they are actually doing a great job in very tough times.

Comment

sThe OP makes so good points, I honestly feel that the odds are stacked against us and until we have a new ground we are financially not much better than a league one club. People keep talking about the new ground in terms of attendances but actually its the whole corporate area which is the issue. Its the worst I have ever been in and I am afraid isn't making enough money on and off match days.

However, my point about stacked against us ! FFP is one of footballs biggest jokes ! Little club like us is working under extremely tight conditions while the so called big boys are spending our yearly running cost in one transfer! They are able to buy up and half the time destroy the youth players this country have and then farm them out to us to do the work.... if they are not good enough then they sell them for an inflated cost back to clubs like us.

So while QPR might not have it right, the system is working against them!

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                        sThe OP makes so good points, I honestly feel that the odds are stacked against us and until we have a new ground we are financially not much better than a league one club. People keep talking about the new ground in terms of attendances but actually its the whole corporate area which is the issue. Its the worst I have ever been in and I am afraid isn't making enough money on and off match days.

However, my point about stacked against us ! FFP is one of footballs biggest jokes ! Little club like us is working under extremely tight conditions while the so called big boys are spending our yearly running cost in one transfer! They are able to buy up and half the time destroy the youth players this country have and then farm them out to us to do the work.... if they are not good enough then they sell them for an inflated cost back to clubs like us.

So while QPR might not have it right, the system is working against them!
                        If I have a good day out and watch players try their best I couldny care less what league we play in. Had some great afternoons when we were in L1

Comment

I a!ways keep in mind our history. I dunno precise ratios but off the top of my head I guess it's roughly this:

1st tier - 10%
                          2nd tier - 50%
                          3rd tier (or lower) - 40%

I'd say being about 40th in the pyramid is our average place. Factor in our attendance and small stadium (in a league based on stadium capacity we're well in the third tier) and you conclude that we are currently in our normal/average position.
                          Little teams occasionally flirt with the dizzy heights of top tier but where are Wimbledon, Bradford, Barnsley, Blackpool, Wigan today? Excessive Sky money has skewed things so teams like Bournemouth and Watford might hang on a bit but they'll be coming down at some point in coming seasons and resuming their rightful place in the pecking order.

Comment

https://footballdatabase.com/clubs-r...s-park-rangers

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Really don't think people see the bigger picture, Freeman could have left on a free transfer this summer but the club got him to sign a new contract last December, so that we could at least get a transfer fee for him, which i believe was 5.5 million, Sheff Utd's record transfer, so perhaps Callum Johnson was 5.6 million, we don't know. What would we want an Unhappy player for 18 months and no transfer fee or keeping our end of the bargain and actually making some cash. So perhaps the criticism is unfounded and the club have actually done well to get a fee for Freeman at all. Does anyone really think that Les and Hoo's sit there thinking lets strike a deal up to sell the club short, get as little as we can for our players and wind up the fans at the same time or is it us fans really don't understand what goes on behind the scenes? Im going for the latter as Les and Hoo's are not idiots, they are actually doing a great job in very tough times.
                              I do see the bigger picture. My point is about the low fee given his performances at Championship level.

He signed a new deal, but there was no release clause (unlike Smithies £3M), so QPR could have held out a bit longer and asked for nearer £7/8M.

Whilst I dont think Les and Hoos deliberately sell the club short, the it seems they are by not negotiating harder. The money they cleared for selling Freeman is not going to last very long and I doubt it will help with signing decent replacements for Freeman, Smith, Wzsolek, Wells and Hemed etc.

Brentford & Bristol City will be able to sign better players as a result of getting premium fees for the players they sold this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X