C Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Washington

Watched him on bt sport last night, debut for hearts in Scottish league Cup (starts in July now with group format so less meaningless friendlies, its working quite well and in 3rd season).
    He was his usual akward self in front of goal, Chris Sutton didn't cut him any slack during analysis.
    I think he tries hard but just hasn't got it, must have shown ability in glimpses but clearly he is not cutting it anywhere

Forgot to add. In an interview in the scotsman he says we are a strange club, can't post link for some reason but Google it.

Comment

He’s an odd player. He clearly can be a goal scoring striker because he was in league 1

I think it’s a major confidence thing, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some sort of depression aswell
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
        Forgot to add. In an interview in the scotsman he says we are a strange club, can't post link for some reason but Google it.
        Maybe what he meant to say was we are a strangely run club

Comment

I think he should be a keeper,as he great at keeping clean sheets for other teams he plays against
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I know a posh fan who told me he'd just had a purple patch just before we bought him and they were delighted with the fee.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              He’s an odd player. He clearly can be a goal scoring striker because he was in league 1

I think it’s a major confidence thing, I wouldn’t be surprised if he had some sort of depression aswell

He was 2 bob in L1 also, he just had a run of games & goals just prior to us selling Austin, and we fell for it hook, line & sinker. Paid well over the odds for a bang average player. I will credit him that he never stopped trying, but then again so did Mackie. Difference is Mackie scored more.

Comment

He said something like QPR wanted him to add things to his game that weren't important in terms of what he could actually bring as a player.

I'm guessing they probably asked him to add goals...

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  I know a posh fan who told me he'd just had a purple patch just before we bought him and they were delighted with the fee.
                  This is what I always said. Remember how Agyemang had a purple patch with QPR after he joined, and then reverted to his usual form. LF and JFH were the mugs that paid £3M for him (CW).

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    He said something like QPR wanted him to add things to his game that weren't important in terms of what he could actually bring as a player.

I'm guessing they probably asked him to add goals...
                    yes, as that is what players in his position on the pitvh are supposed to do.

Comment

We are a odd club but he is an absolute pot of the toss

Comment

I thought he had a good first touch but ultimately wasn't a goal scorer at Championship level. If it had been up to me I would have played in a similar but more attacking position as Scowen or Luongo.

From the Edinburgh news:

Queens Park Rangers reportedly paid between £2.5million and £3m for him in January 2016 after he scored 33 goals in 94 games for Peterborough. That made him a fairly high-profile signing in London’s White City.

“If I’m honest, I didn’t feel the pressure of a big fee on my head,” he said. “To tell you the truth, I still don’t know to this day the exact fee I moved for so it wasn’t a big issue. It was a strange time to go into the club because they wanted me to be a player I probably wasn’t and to add things to my game that weren’t that important in terms of what I do actually bring. Played in the right system in the right way, and with a manager who believes in me, I can score goals.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          It was a strange time to go into the club because they wanted me to be a player I probably wasn’t and to add things to my game that weren’t that important in terms of what I do actually bring. Played in the right system in the right way, and with a manager who believes in me, I can score goals.”
                          Typical modern day issue - it was someone else's fault.

Comment

We believe he was crap, if that's not believing in him then I don't know what is

Comment

Working...
                            X