5 Takeaways from Vienna Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    We knew before the game that we will need strengthening to compete next season ,this game only confirmed that so no surprises .
    State the obvious then R

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      We knew before the game that we will need strengthening to compete next season ,this game only confirmed that so no surprises .
      Yes, but in fairness to the them, Austria Vienna are a few weeks ahead of QPR in terms of fitness, let alone abilty.

The game was all about fitness and tactics. I take the latter friendlies a bit more seriously, but even then not too much.

I think what is obvious to us all, is that QPR need at least one, but preferably two strikers who actually know how to score, Eze and Oteh do not.

Comment

Kelly looked smaller than our defenders. JN

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          barbet scored on his debut
          Can’t argue with that. A goal on his debut
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Going by just this one game -- which is clearly not a sound idea to bank on -- I'd want Furlong, Eze, Scowen, and Amos on the starting eleven. Add to that Bright-Samuel (who had an unfairly short appearance), Rangel, a soon-to-be-healthy Ilias Chair, and a soon-to-be-signed Cameron, and you're looking at QPR's 2019/20 nucleus. Add a striker or two to the mix and we've got enough to cheer for and dream about.

Comment

Working...
            X