Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/how-...t-qpr-millions

Emotional attachments aside, at what point do we ask ourselves the obvious question: Why does Les Ferdinand continue as our Director of Football?

He has done little to earn praise, but tons to deserve criticism for his management of the football side of QPR for the past 5+ seasons. Put it this way, if we were to interview candidates to head up this side of the QPR management team, and based the decision on proven merit, would Les even make it past the first round? Yes, he was a QPR legend. Yes, he seems to be a nice guy with sound character. But the record shows he has been in the driver's seat for one of the worst, most shambolic runs in QPR history.

If we are pushing reset buttons on the manager and the players, why is it that Les escapes a similar change?
    Been asking this question for ages, virtually since he came, was bought in to appease fans when Redknapp was in charge, A Great player for the club, DOF ???????Questionable actually think he may have held us back from getting a quality manager. most don't want a DOF above them

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Seems he is not entitled to any credit whatever he does in some people's eyes.
      well, did he cut the wage bill by getting those players off the wage bill by selling them?

I give him credit for his work with Ramsey in bringing in better development players, but cannot credit him much with reducing the wage bill? The players I named were just some of the ones the club had on big wages, but there were others who pretty much did the same thing i.e. let their contracts run down. A few of them negotiated pay offs, which pretty much so them paid almost in full to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Been asking this question for ages, virtually since he came, was bought in to appease fans when Redknapp was in charge, A Great player for the club, DOF ???????Questionable actually think he may have held us back from getting a quality manager. most don't want a DOF above them
        agree he was bought in to appease the fans becuase Fernandes didn't want to sack Redknapp, so thought bringing in a QPR favourite as an advisor would smooth things out. Well it didn't really do that.

Comment

Easy to save when money and players contracts are running out. But has he been successful in the transfer market? No, he's been #### there.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
            Easy to save when money and players contracts are running out. But has he been successful in the transfer market? No, he's been #### there.
            this is exactly my point.

others are trying to credit him with cutting it down as he is himself.

Has he and his scouts scouted a gem or two that the club have sold on for a big profit, as Brentford & Bristol City for example, have consistently done:

He has, I'm led to believe, done some good things as a DoF, but please I don't need him or fans telling me he has brought the wage bill down by his own hard work. I credit him for not dishing out any more stupid contracts, although not having Sky's Premier League money has helped massively.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

and is that down to Les' coaching & management skills?
              I never said it was. He is just a part of the group in charge whilst that has happened.

Comment

The point here is that while none of us on this thread will EVER know who's most responsible for the years of mediocrity we've witnessed, this much is clear: either Les is being completely outdone by owners and others around him, or he's largely responsible for a raft of bad acquisitions, contracts, loans, et alia. In the States most subscribe to former President Harry Truman's line about responsibility: "the buck stops here." When it comes to QPR for the past 5+ seasons, that's clearly a hard question to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                  The point here is that while none of us on this thread will EVER know who's most responsible for the years of mediocrity we've witnessed, this much is clear: either Les is being completely outdone by owners and others around him, or he's largely responsible for a raft of bad acquisitions, contracts, loans, et alia. In the States most subscribe to former President Harry Truman's line about responsibility: "the buck stops here." When it comes to QPR for the past 5+ seasons, that's clearly a hard question to answer.
                  Why are u so obsessed with him, you have not a clue what happens behind the scenes and don’t pay his wages, give it a rest. Out of interest do you ever go to any games .

Comment

Working...
                  X