No announcement yet.

Our Les Talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with interview. Had pretty much a thankless mission impossible. In terms of managerial appointments they all made sense at the time, aside from maybe Ollie and I think that was Uncle driven.

Like what I have seen pre-season so far. Putting promising base in place. Hopefully now Freeman gone and Mass probably going can invest a little of that in striker options.

Comment

I enjoyed his interview and has made me feel better about what the club is trying to do. The only think I disagree with is Tim Sherwood. He can’t understand why the fans were against it. The guy is still riding on that Spurs train. Since then he has been absolutely shite and he blows smoke up his own ass thinking he is amazing and that his manager career is a success!!

Comment

I agree that he has taken on a tough job and has overseen a wage reduction, but that hasn't all been down to him. As he said, some players just let their contracts run down.

Managerial appointments and player recruitment has largely been a failure.
        Ramsey JFH OllieMcLaren were all disappointments.

too many failed player recruitments to list but Washington was imo the worst one.

Hopefully the corner has now been turned and Warburton, with his player recruitments will genuinely see the club move forward.

Comment

Think we need to stop hammering our great ex player.
          I am liking the way we're being run, it's been horrible but it feels like
          light is at the end of the tunnel.
          It's down to Les

Comment

I recently watched a Grant Hall podcast and he was very complimentary about Les. Shows you what he does behind the scenes especially in Grant’s case as he was suffering from depression and Les was very good at helping him.

I think hes a good guy.

Comment

Good lad and doesn't deserve the vitriol some people aim towards him

Comment

I feel for Les, he has only ever worked at QPR during the FFP time ! Meaning he has had to work with restraints as director of football. Since he joint we have been buying cheap in hope ever purchase turns out to be the next big thing which in realistic terms is near impossible as every club from the championship downwards is doing the same. I think for me the future is maintaining the championship status for a few years and getting the ground and training ground sorted ! HOWEVER I am still furious that FFP is applied to us when other clubs spend £115 million on a player !

Comment

He got criticism because fans didnt know what his duties are, so questioned his worth. Now hes communicated what he does more will appreciate what he does.

it would have been better if he had explained his role a year years back.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    He got criticism because fans didnt know what his duties are, so questioned his worth. Now hes communicated what he does more will appreciate what he does.

it would have been better if he had explained his role a year years back.
                    yeah, right.

there's always going to be a contingent of fans who will jump at any opportunity to say that the club is run terribly. that certain employees are only there because of connections, tokenism etc and serve no real purpose to the club. remember, a toddler could apparently negotiate our transfers better.

Comment

Don't know but are we seeing the begining of the end for our Lesley ? Looks like Warburton has ripped up another planed system and is calling the shots regarding team signings and matters

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Don't know but are we seeing the begining of the end for our Lesley ? Looks like Warburton has ripped up another planed system and is calling the shots regarding team signings and matters
                        Could be that as Warburton has held that role before and did it quite successfully, he is now calling the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          this is qpr,warbs wont be here that long
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Are you talking about this site! If not kicking a man down before he starts very negative & need fans like you not

Comment

Working...
                            X