Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H&F Councillor Stephen Cowan will 'bend over backwards' to help club with new stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&F Councillor Stephen Cowan will 'bend over backwards' to help club with new stadium

H&F Councillor Stephen Cowan will 'bend over backwards' to help club

Here is the article

http://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/default.asp?section=info&page=ldrschristiestadium0 02.htm
    The future's Amit the futures not orange

Good read, thanks for posting Garo.

Leasing still doesn't feel right.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

More encouraging.
      Re the leasing, I don't think it is a problem as long as it is a long lease.
      The other potentially significant advantage is that we can bank the money from the sale of LR and repair the Balance Sheet a bit.
      Obviously there are implications going forward as the annual lease costs are likely to be more than any depreciation charges were on LR.

Comment

Bend over backwards.

Thankfully the news of the world is defunct.

Comment

I agree it is encouraging to read that the council is willing to work with QPR, but the idea of a 'shared' lease doesn't sit well with me.
          A long lease by just QPR would be a good move, if as you say, it's a long one (99+ years), but shared doesn't feel right.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Presume this is all about getting as much money as they can. The positive is that they are seeming more accommodating towards us. The negative is the lease and if they build a multi purpose stadium it wont be great for football and also they are still making assumptions about how QPR can raise funds, it seems as with their first spat with the club quite unprofessional.
            The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

What concerns me about this article is that QPR are stuggling to finance the WF site, so how will they pay for the stadium>

I am ok with a long term lease of 100 years at a set rent, but would rather they owned the stadium. Again the issue here is the lack of finance, unless of course the use the Arsenal model, of developing LR site as housing that they sell to pay the stadium costs.

Comment

40 million to build a stadium, what with Lego bricks, more like 400 million.

Comment

Will H&F pay for the Stadium then lease it out to us and whoever wants ? Have they got a massive budget H&F ?

Comment

Is this the same H&F who can’t afford to repair Hammersmith Bridge, and have closed it indefinitely, to the absolute detriment of all locals?

In which case, I and other locals would like to know how they intend to raise £400m funds, to build a 45k stadium, to then rent it out, all the while whilst they cannot raise far far far lesser funds to sort the broken bridge out, amongst many other needed improvements? Genuine question.

Comment

Working...
                    X