X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheff Utd gonna have a name change themselves at this rate, Sheff R's
    Ravel is training with them too

Comment

London papers saying it will be announced today,it was inevitable he would be sold.i just hope the manager is given some of the funds from the sale to give us a fighting chance to stay up next season,starting with 2 decent strikers

Comment

Gutted to see our best player being sold. Certainly deserves this chance to play in the best league in the world. Good luck to him and thanks for entertaining all of us, a real grafter with ability.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The sad truth is, as with most things, players are only worth what someone's willing to pay for them. It's not as if only one team has the opportunity to buy LF, everyone knows he was for sale, he's a relatively high profile player, so why is nobody bidding 10 million or more? Because they don't think he's worth it. And buying clubs are lazy, and like to get on a bandwagon - so if Man U is talking to a player, suddenly Arsenal or Spurs are in too, even if they'd not been interested before, trying to hijack the deal.club. If that's not happening with our players, the most likely reason is they are not interested, not that we are particularly crap at negotiation. Somebody mentioned Smithies - he went for not much, to a relegation team, and couldn't get a game. So maybe the market got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I don’t agree , the players you mentioned have gone to top clubs with big money , Clarke to spurs and James to Man Utd .To them clubs that kind of money is not a gamble . We sold Smithies to Cardiff who are now back in our league and we are selling freeman to Sheffield Utd who will also probably be back in our league next season .Even Maddison and che Adams that both went for good money went to established premier league clubs in Leicester and Southampton . The bottom line is the top clubs are not interested in signing our players only newly promoted ones.

I take that point, but my other issue is do QPR really need that £3m more than they do a player worth around 15-20 goals a season to the team? I would rather keep Freeman because the club is not going to go bust if they turn such a low fee down.

Afterall, even if they sign a new player to replace the goal scoring/creating midfielder he will likelihood cost around £1m and might fail just like Washington, as 1 example, did.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I take that point, but my other issue is do QPR really need that £3m more than they do a player worth around 15-20 goals a season to the team? I would rather keep Freeman because the club is not going to go bust if they turn such a low fee down.

Afterall, even if they sign a new player to replace the goal scoring/creating midfielder he will likelihood cost around £1m and might fail just like Washington, as 1 example, did.
              Agree sometimes you have to stick to what’s right and call their bluff. Hoping we are now

Press were all suggesting this was about to be done earlier in the week. Wilder comes out and brags about bagging a “”bargain”” and then it all goes quiet.

Sure it will happen soon but hopefully the club reacted to those comments and realised with Freeman we have a strong hand

If after those comments they then can’t agree terms with us they’ll look silly and without having made a signing owners are open to getting some grief from fans

Unfortunately Hoos seems to be from the Theresa May school of negotiation. Hopefully these comments will push him towards the more hardline stance we must take to not let Wilder get a “bargain”

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

Agree sometimes you have to stick to what’s right and call their bluff. Hoping we are now

Press were all suggesting this was about to be done earlier in the week. Wilder comes out and brags about bagging a “”bargain”” and then it all goes quiet.

Sure it will happen soon but hopefully the club reacted to those comments and realised with Freeman we have a strong hand

If after those comments they then can’t agree terms with us they’ll look silly and without having made a signing owners are open to getting some grief from fans

Unfortunately Hoos seems to be from the Theresa May school of negotiation. Hopefully these comments will push him towards the more hardline stance we must take to not let Wilder get a “bargain”
                I think you are right about Hoos, if it is him doing the negotiating. Or it might be Ferdinand, but either way, neither of them are getting value for money from buying clubs. I really do hope that it has gone quiet because QPR are asking for a bigger fee, but I suspect there is another reason.

Comment

He can create and he can score. I am sure he can play a part in this group. He is a bargain. It is a decent number for us, but in terms of the division we are in, we are happy. Luke has been up there in terms of the top Championship performers.

Pi$$ taking Chris Wilder

Comment

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...ffield-united/

gone
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

undisclosed again, in other words, probably around £4m.

Hopefully they have been smart enough to negotiate a decent sell on fee of at least 20%, just in case he has a good season and Premier League clubs offer silly money to buy him.

Comment

Hopefully they have been smart enough to negotiate a decent sell on fee of at least 20%, just in case he has a good season and Premier League clubs offer silly money to buy him.
                        Spot on but I'd have more faith in a toddler negotiating a decent sell-on clause than anyone in the hierarchy of the club.

Comment

undisclosed again, in other words, probably around £4m.

"Luke Freeman arrives at Bramall Lane on a three-year deal, with the Blades paying QPR an undisclosed club record fee for the 27-year-old midfielder"

previous record is apparently £4.1m for john egan last year - so more than £4m in any case...

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/freeman-signs/

Comment

Undisclosed- now there’s a surprise!!

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

"Luke Freeman arrives at Bramall Lane on a three-year deal, with the Blades paying QPR an undisclosed club record fee for the 27-year-old midfielder"

previous record is apparently £4.1m for john egan last year - so more than £4m in any case...

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/freeman-signs/
                              Yes, more than £4.1M, but that could mean 4.2M of which Bristol City and maybe Stevenage will take a slice of leaving QPR with little more than £3M in which case that is poor negotiating. As Shepherds Mush says a toddler could negotiate a better deal than anyone at QPR these days.

Comment

Undisclosed club record fee = QPR have asked for the amount to be kept secret for as long as possible so other clubs can't see their desperate need for cash.

Expect this to be surpassed in a day or 2 when Sheffield United spend some proper money

Comment

Working...
                                X