No announcement yet.

freeman again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add ons being if they get into the champions league and win the FA Cuppa.

Comment

In this day and age we should get at least 10mil! The football market is an absolute joke and we should be cashing in on it. There's literally two or three players in the world who are worth their money the rest are just propped up by them!

Comment

Even at £5m it might get you two L1 strikers who will ultimately be a complete gamble that could see that money effectively disappear. If we get £5m I hope there are a few free transfer strikers out there that may get slightly higher quality and wages to reduce the risk of spanking the money on fees

Comment

An interesting aspect of the FFP model is that the net sales amount for Freeman (after sharing the fee with Bristol City and Stevenage) would count as revenue this year while just the amortization costs of the first year of the contract of a new signing would count as costs this year. This means: If we sold Freeman for £4m and kept £3m after paying the sell-on fees we could sign a new player for £3m on a three year contract and book net £2m overall profit towards this years FFP calculation, as the annual costs of the new player would be just the annual amortizations costs of £1m per each of the three years. As we will have a much easier ride in respect to FFP next season (2020/21) I actually don't rule out a fair part of the transfer fee we might cash in for the likes of Smith, Freeman and Luongo might be reinvested in strikers.

Comment

So many people just don’t see the bigger picture and #### the club off. There will be many reasons fee is undisclosed but all you get is Les is this, Les is that Les #### off ! He happens to be a very well respected Director of Football but that doesn’t fit the whole let’s #### the club off does it !

Comment

Arsenal was going to bid but didn't think we take 3 million in instalments over 20 years as they as skint as us
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                An interesting aspect of the FFP model is that the net sales amount for Freeman (after sharing the fee with Bristol City and Stevenage) would count as revenue this year while just the amortization costs of the first year of the contract of a new signing would count as costs this year. This means: If we sold Freeman for £4m and kept £3m after paying the sell-on fees we could sign a new player for £3m on a three year contract and book net £2m overall profit towards this years FFP calculation, as the annual costs of the new player would be just the annual amortizations costs of £1m per each of the three years. As we will have a much easier ride in respect to FFP next season (2020/21) I actually don't rule out a fair part of the transfer fee we might cash in for the likes of Smith, Freeman and Luongo might be reinvested in strikers.
                true... but we'd need to find a way of offsetting the amortisation costs for these players for the remainder of their contracts too (so more panic selling next year and the year after). i don't think ffp is going to stop being a big problem anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                  You could ask 40 million if you like, obviously wouldn’t get it, if Freeman is so cheap at 5 million why is there not a load of teams bidding, Freeman is a very good Championship player, Premiership I’m not so sure, people on here just moan, moan moan and suggest stupid fees from or our players, you can only get what other teams are willing to pay, if it’s 5 mil plus future add ons I would say that’s about right.
                  You say that but Leeds are selling Clarke for a minimum of 10m and Swansea sold James for 15m and neither of them played a part in as many goals as freeman did last season.

The reason clubs are bidding so low for Freeman is because they know that QPR do not negotiate very well. They are taking advantage of the club and the situation it portrays itself as being in. Che Adams had one good season and Birmingham sold him for 15m, why , maybe because they don't have Les negotiating.

Why are QPR so desperate to sell Freeman for paltry sums. It's not as if the £3m they could clear is going to make or break them this season. they are allowed to lose £39M over three seasons afterall.

Comment

Has he gone then?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      Has he gone then?
                      not yet,few irons to sort out,like does he have to live in shatfield ,and does he get a club whippet

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

You say that but Leeds are selling Clarke for a minimum of 10m and Swansea sold James for 15m and neither of them played a part in as many goals as freeman did last season.

The reason clubs are bidding so low for Freeman is because they know that QPR do not negotiate very well. They are taking advantage of the club and the situation it portrays itself as being in. Che Adams had one good season and Birmingham sold him for 15m, why , maybe because they don't have Les negotiating.

Why are QPR so desperate to sell Freeman for paltry sums. It's not as if the £3m they could clear is going to make or break them this season. they are allowed to lose £39M over three seasons afterall.
                        I don’t agree , the players you mentioned have gone to top clubs with big money , Clarke to spurs and James to Man Utd .To them clubs that kind of money is not a gamble . We sold Smithies to Cardiff who are now back in our league and we are selling freeman to Sheffield Utd who will also probably be back in our league next season .Even Maddison and che Adams that both went for good money went to established premier league clubs in Leicester and Southampton . The bottom line is the top clubs are not interested in signing our players only newly promoted ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I don’t agree , the players you mentioned have gone to top clubs with big money , Clarke to spurs and James to Man Utd .To them clubs that kind of money is not a gamble . We sold Smithies to Cardiff who are now back in our league and we are selling freeman to Sheffield Utd who will also probably be back in our league next season .Even Maddison and che Adams that both went for good money went to established premier league clubs in Leicester and Southampton . The bottom line is the top clubs are not interested in signing our players only newly promoted ones.
                          I think Southampton might struggle again next season - although Sheff Utd must be nailed on to come straight back down...

Comment

i think sheff utd will stay up,think villa will implode

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

I think Southampton might struggle again next season - although Sheff Utd must be nailed on to come straight back down...
                              They may well struggle , my point is they have been an established premier league club for a number of years and those clubs are not bidding for our players hence the difference in prices .

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

not yet,few irons to sort out,like does he have to live in shatfield ,and does he get a club whippet
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X