Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Matt Smith joins Millwall (all but done)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

That’s why I have stated in the first line ‘as things stand’.

Whether we bring hogan in or another loan player we will be very short up top.
    Smith is a asset imo to any team scrapping around in the bottom half of the championship and does offer the chance to mix things up if the tips tap football doesn’t work.
    about 6 inches short
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

That’s why I have stated in the first line ‘as things stand’.

Whether we bring hogan in or another loan player we will be very short up top.
      Smith is a asset imo to any team scrapping around in the bottom half of the championship and does offer the chance to mix things up if the tips tap football doesn’t work.
      Could be a financial thing , he was on a decent wage and we probably can’t afford a high earner to be sat on the bench .

Comment

cant we sell our ground to someone whom already owns it,then spend what we like

Comment

Another undisclosed fee!! Why do we never say how much we sell players for?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Another undisclosed fee!! Why do we never say how much we sell players for?
            because they embarrassed how little it is

Comment

Also , Smith was getting frustrated last season at lack of game time so if new manager says I don’t see you as a starter , maybe it was his decision to go.

Comment

wheeler will save the day,20 plus this season you wait

Comment

Like Smith but OMG just any excuse to have a pop at the club by some fans. If Matt doesn’t fit Warburtons style of football there is no reason to keep him at this stage of his career. Always gave 100% but if we play quick paced football it just won’t suit Smithy. Decent fella Smith but let’s not let that stop us criticising the club at every opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Like Smith but OMG just any excuse to have a pop at the club by some fans. If Matt doesn’t fit Warburtons style of football there is no reason to keep him at this stage of his career. Always gave 100% but if we play quick paced football it just won’t suit Smithy. Decent fella Smith but let’s not let that stop us criticising the club at every opportunity.

We have no senior strikers right now and what is wrong in having a different option on off the bench from pacey strikers.

The club have done some very good business so far but the striking position as things stand is a worry.

Comment

No hoof ball next year. I'm not unhappy about that but I do worry about his old club's fans criticism that Warburton has no plan B

We are making quick work in transfer markets which is good so hopefully strikers follow soon and we have a mix of playing styles upfront to choose from

Smith probably one of our bigger earners as well so sure that was a factor

Comment

We have made what appears to be a number of solid moves designed to build for the future with an eye on the present. There is NO way the Club will fail to sign a senior striker or two before the start of the season. My bet: one will be inked within the next two weeks, the other at the transfer deadline.

Comment

Thanks for your goals Matt and good luck

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Thanks for your goals Matt and good luck
                            I strongly agree with this

Matt served us well, especially under Holloway
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

right strikers list that have played under warbs,cmon someone on here must be able to do a list,cos that where will come from

Comment

We have no senior strikers right now and what is wrong in having a different option on off the bench from pacey strikers.

The club have done some very good business so far but the striking position as things stand is a worry.
                                The season is still 5 weeks away, IF, we still don’t have any senior strikers in when the window shuts, then is the time to panic. As it stands now I am 99% sure Warburton has got a couple of strikers in mind to bring in. Matt served us well but for both his sake and ours the move is a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X