No announcement yet.

Freeman..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article 21 Solidarity Mechanism. If a professional is transferred before the expiry of his contract any club that has contributed to his education and training shall receive a proportion of compensation paid to his former club (solidarity contribution).

Comment

We had a similar thing with Sterling,when he moved to City we got a percentage of the fee!
      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Unless you are Paladini doing the negotiating

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
          We had a similar thing with Sterling,when he moved to City we got a percentage of the fee!
          Correct. The thick end of £10m quid I think. I believe it is one of the largest sell-on fees ever earned.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Correct. The thick end of £10m quid I think. I believe it is one of the largest sell-on fees ever earned.
            We sold Sterling to Liverpool and wanted a % of the profit they made. This is different to Stevenage selling Freeman to Bristol and getting a % of the fee they earned, plus a % of the fee the buying club makes when they sell. I have never heard of this type of % of profit, done for two transfers. I can only imagine that when Bristol should have paid a % of the transfer to Stevange, Bristol instead arranged a % of the profit should QPR sell Freeman, and they offered this to Stevenage instead of cash. So we might have to pay x% of the profit we make on selling Freeman (whatever x is) and though officially we pay Bristol, Bristol will effectively owe this to Stevenage.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post

We sold Sterling to Liverpool and wanted a % of the profit they made. This is different to Stevenage selling Freeman to Bristol and getting a % of the fee they earned, plus a % of the fee the buying club makes when they sell. I have never heard of this type of % of profit, done for two transfers. I can only imagine that when Bristol should have paid a % of the transfer to Stevange, Bristol instead arranged a % of the profit should QPR sell Freeman, and they offered this to Stevenage instead of cash. So we might have to pay x% of the profit we make on selling Freeman (whatever x is) and though officially we pay Bristol, Bristol will effectively owe this to Stevenage.
              Yes, it does sound unusual but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                So 3 clubs involved yeah....the buyer (City) the seller (liverpool) and us

Therefore it will be whoever we sell to, us and Bristol City.....

Comment

Apparently Bradley Dack is worth 15 mil. So how much Freeman? Knowing our lot about 2 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Apparently Bradley Dack is worth 15 mil. So how much Freeman? Knowing our lot about 2 mil.
                    IMO Dack was one of the best players in the league last season.

Comment

just in case no one believed it...

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-f...-fee-1-6122056

and if the rumours are true about him going for around £3Million then what a joke we are!

Comment

This just over 3 million fee,I wonder if that a fiddle, like we get more but say less to stick it to stevenage
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by scaz_QPR View Post
                          just in case no one believed it...

https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-f...-fee-1-6122056

and if the rumours are true about him going for around £3Million then what a joke we are!
                          We signed him Bristol City and Stevenage would only get a slice of that deal surely? This seems utter gash to me.....

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We signed him Bristol City and Stevenage would only get a slice of that deal surely? This seems utter gash to me.....
                            I have to agree. Can someone explain how a club can put a clause on a player getting a slice of his every move?
                            F*kin ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I have to agree. Can someone explain how a club can put a clause on a player getting a slice of his every move?
                              F*kin ridiculous
                              Well obviously they can't. They will only get anything when we sell him if they made a 2nd deal with Bristol City at the time they were due to get their cut of the fee they got from us.

Whatever they were due from BC, say 20% of the fee, BC could've struck another deal with them instead of paying that fee, along the lines of, we have got a sell on with QPR so if you agree you can have a small cut of that sell on instead, which could be more lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Well obviously they can't. They will only get anything when we sell him if they made a 2nd deal with Bristol City at the time they were due to get their cut of the fee they got from us.

Whatever they were due from BC, say 20% of the fee, BC could've struck another deal with them instead of paying that fee, along the lines of, we have got a sell on with QPR so if you agree you can have a small cut of that sell on instead, which could be more lucrative.
                                So they are getting it from Bristol City? We have done a sell on with them? Have we agreed a sell on with City, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X