Would you have gone to Baku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you have gone to Baku

Disgraceful location for Europa League final so not surprised at low turnout of fans travelling. But...... If that were us in final (don't laugh!) would you have gone? I actually would have gone - I have a strong track record of attending unattractive games, am retired and comfortably off so not really any reason not to go. How many Rs d'ya reckon I'd have been there with then, 50, 500, 5000, 50000???

Yes I'd have gone. Due to cost about 1500 would go. That's not too far under Chelsea and arsenal's official sales but I'm basing it on that we have far less glory hunters than them plus it would of meant so much more to us.

Comment

I would not have gone as it is too costly and difficult to get to if taking just a few days off to get there. As you said , you are retired and comfortably off and could easily afford to go there for a week or so.

Yes, it was a ridiculous choice of venue becuase of location and the stadium's views for football.

I have read that they choose stadiums in advance and how would they know how far fans would need to travel, but looking back at the finals since 1970 should have told UEFA that it would be difficult for fans of the most likely clubs to contest the match. Nearly every one of the 50 finals has had at least 1 side from one of the top western European countries, i.e. England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Holland , Belgium and Portugal.

I think only about 10 featured a side from outside of West Europe.

Threy should have a shortlist of 4-6 stadiums and the venue decided at the QFs or SFs stage.

Comment

Also the UEFA fools have chosen to play 4 European Championship matches there next year.

Distance aside, the pitch is so far away from the stands thanks to the athletics track, that the atmosphere is rubbish. It was like watching a pre season friendly on Wednesday.

Comment

Nope
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

due to self employed and work been very very good last few years,i dont even go LR nowdays so Baku be a no no,unless i got a few jobs whilst out there
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

100% would have been there .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                100% would have been there .
                Me too. QPR in a European cup final of course I'd go!

Comment

Official Chelsea package flying in on the afternoon and out after the game was £975 including match ticket, not cheap and 2000 fans went, fairly crap for a European final I would say.

Comment

QPR in a european cup final ! i would travel to the moon....i hope Uefa realise the ridiculous decision they made. Apparently they opened the turnstiles after kick off to try and get locals in after they say how many empty seats there were.

with all the money the clubs make these days - surely they could subsidise the trip in someway? Pay for the tickets or give a travel voucher.

Comment

Yes would have to be there after all it won't happen too often !

Comment

No
                        The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

I'd of gone. Love an adventure and chances of seeing us in European finals is once in a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            I'd of gone. Love an adventure and chances of seeing us in European finals is once in a lifetime.
                            Adventures are good. I'd go/go to Millwall if it coincides/coincided with a trip over from down under.

Comment

I'd have watched it on youtube with a few cans

Comment

Working...
                              X