Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double standards

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ride-park/amp/

Seems very similar to borrowing money from your owners and being in their debt alla Rangers. We got fined a shitload for it. Will the same or similar sanctions be applied to Derby?

Not if they win the play off !
    but wouldn't like to rely on on the honesty of of the owner of the ground , also have to say I am less than comfortable with the proposed idea of us leasing the Linford Christy

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Not if they win the play off !
      but wouldn't like to rely on on the honesty of of the owner of the ground , also have to say I am less than comfortable with the proposed idea of us leasing the Linford Christy
      I think if it is a very long lease (like at the training ground) it will be ok.

Comment

He a'int wrong blatant manipulating of the rules, we maybe could've done something similar, funny also how the FFP rules changed after our breech,

Comment

It is another one of the only at Rangers situations. In recent years, Watford, Bournemouth, Leicester and probably many others broke the FFP rules to get promoted but as they have not since been relegated, then it appears they will get away with it. Now it seems Derby sold their stadium to their owner to finance having a go at getting promotion and attracting Lampard to the club but again if they get promoted they will have got away with it. What is the difference to Derby selling their Stadium to our Owners writing off our debt, which in many ways is better for the club than selling your home. Absolutely stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I think if it is a very long lease (like at the training ground) it will be ok.
            It's said to be a 50 year lease Jack it ain't that long ! W/ F is 200 years , I don't trust our owner enough to sign the lease and ride off into the sunset leaving the club in shlt street ,a pessimist maybe
            Last edited by dogsrrs; 22-05-2019, 04:21 PM.

Comment

If they can do it why dont we and have a pot of gold for the summer ? Our bosses have plenty sister companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
                https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ride-park/amp/

Seems very similar to borrowing money from your owners and being in their debt alla Rangers. We got fined a shitload for it. Will the same or similar sanctions be applied to Derby?
                Out right cheating, they won't be punished

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

It's said to be a 50 year lease Jack it ain't that long ! W/ F is 200 years , I don't trust our owner enough to sign the lease and ride off into the sunset leaving the club in shlt street ,a pessimist maybe
                  50 years would be a worry I agree.

Comment

if we lease it ,do we have to do upto 8k miles a year and be examined for non exsstent bumps dents and scratches that we can be fined for.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      It is another one of the only at Rangers situations. In recent years, Watford, Bournemouth, Leicester and probably many others broke the FFP rules to get promoted but as they have not since been relegated, then it appears they will get away with it. Now it seems Derby sold their stadium to their owner to finance having a go at getting promotion and attracting Lampard to the club but again if they get promoted they will have got away with it. What is the difference to Derby selling their Stadium to our Owners writing off our debt, which in many ways is better for the club than selling your home. Absolutely stinks.
                      Agree, there is very little difference except writing off the debt is far better than selling LR.

As for those other clubs, QPR needn't have got relegated on 2015. if they had perhaps spent some cash in the January window or at least made some effort in appointing a half decent manager to replace Redknapp.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        If they can do it why dont we and have a pot of gold for the summer ? Our bosses have plenty sister companies.
                        True, they do and could easily provide some much needed funds with slightly inflated sponsorship deals (shirt - front and back, also naming rights for the stadium rather than giving it away - even if it is in a good worthy cause..

Comment

Working...
                        X