OFFICAL: Baptiste, Bidwell, Cousins, Lynch and Wszolek depart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Hall is also out of contract, but no mention of him leaving or being offered new terms. Perhaps we have an option on him and the Jury is still out deliberating on him?

All the others were expected. Youff coming through and new free signing will freshen things up. Main issue is up front and they cost money and rarely come free unless they're cack....
    Pboro chairman be on the blower offering a top striker for 3 mill again,whom if don't work out can go in postroom
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Quite liked Pav but he was very erratic. I would like to have seen him used as an attacking right back but hey-ho. Ultimately, none of those released players have done much over two very uninspiring seasons so not surprised to see them released.

Comment

Good decision from the club. All very very replaceable. Remember they were in a team that could of so easily got relegated. Remember the last 5 months these players were shocking. So happy I don’t have to watch Lynch anymore

Comment

I am also pleased by the news of the departures, and the decision to retain Rangel (a real leader with skill and character). Let the new team begin -- today -- with thanks for those who tried but no remorse for those who left after a string of disappointing seasons.

Comment

And remember that the new economics of salaries at the Championship level will kick in this summer. We can replace some or all we lost with players of at least equal calibre at much less cost.

Comment

It will be very interesting to see which division these players will be playing in next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                It will be very interesting to see which division these players will be playing in next season.
                It will be even more interesting to see who we get in as replacements for this lot. Last time we got rid of a batch of players the team went decidedly backwards. Plus we are skint.

Comment

Not fussed that any of these got released. Squad players at best in my view so no great losses. Eustace said that a lot of the squad have a losing mentality so makes even more sense to release a lot of them. They all tried hard for us but you still need a little bit more quality. Only one I might have kept was Cousins as I think his energy would help but that's about it.

Comment

Unlike you lot.....I wish them the best and thank em for their services

Comment

That bit goes without saying! Good luck to them.

Comment

a bit disappointed that Wzsolek has not been kept on, but understand the finances meant they couldn't keep him. As for the rest of them, all are replaceable on cheaper wages.

My guess is that QPR will be offering players around £7k pw in order to get the wage bill down to around £11m per year. Either that, or have a 1st team squad of around 18-20 players and calling on the development squad when needed.

Comment

“We’ll be looking at players young and old, in terms of experience. You have to have maturity, experience and seniority to succeed in this really tough division but at the same time we want youthful energy, hunger and desire and passion as well.

“If we can get that balance right then we will be in a good place. I’m sure every club will be vying for the same thing but there are some good, young players out there who would definitely benefit from coming and playing at a club like QPR and getting that experience.

“There are some good senior names, who can add their maturity and game knowledge to what is a young squad of players too. We have to get that balance right and then we’ll see where we are.”

The club announced its retained list on Tuesday afternoon, with it being confirmed that five senior players will not be offered new contracts.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...ransfer-plans/

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            a bit disappointed that Wzsolek has not been kept on, but understand the finances meant they couldn't keep him.
                            I'd say it is more than just wages. Decent player but he's been a real shadow of his former self over the last season and a bit IMO. Confidence was drained from him.

Comment

As per a few on here I am a bit surprised at Wzolek going and Thought Bidwell was ok As for Cousins I thought that when he played in the middle we would see an improvement and in a couple of games we did however never consistent enough.Lynch interspersed some excellent work with some outrageous errors normally in the same game.and Baptiste was ok when he played but not good enough to be a regular. Lots of players out of contract at various clubs lets hope Warburton can uncover some gems amongst them and hope we don't attract another bunch of mercenaries .

Comment

Glad to see the back of Cousins, Lynch,& Bidwell, Baptise surplus to requirements, Sad to see Pav leave one of our better players.If they're going to keep Hall should be on pay as you play with his injury record

Comment

Working...
                                X