Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t get why are people anti McClaren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Is a difficult one. Massively overachieved one part of the season then went polar opposite. Even manged to surpass Ollie's six game losing runs by losing seven on the bounce!

I do think people underestimate (probably not helped by the expectations our good run resulted in) just how big an impact losing Smithies and most of our defence had on the team. The concern was always his good coach questionable manager reputation. He seemed unable to lift us out of our slump once we got into a run of bad results.

May have been ok longer term but can understand why he was got rid of and believe team of Warburton and Eustace potentially quite exciting for us.
    Agreed, especially about coach manager reputation. The proof for me that he wasn't a good manager is how he was unable to lift the team up in 2019. Its the samecreason why he was sacked at previous clubs including Wolfsburg, Newcastle and Derby. He also resigned at Forest after struggling there.

Imo he is better as a coach and assistant manager.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
      I agree with OP. He got enough points to get us safe with a pretty poor squad. The youth were loaned out on the basis that we were safe and it naturally became difficult to motivate a thin, weak squad without this competition for places. So not really a surprise results suffered and think he was unlucky to get sacked as 19th wasn’t far off most people’s pre-season predictions
      Fair point but who decided to loan out Smyth Chair and maybe one or two others who might have been able to challenge the 1st team regulars? It couldnt have been made just by the DoF or a fianacial reason.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        He brought us less points than Holloway with a better squad and he brought us zero sell on value vs the millions Holloway have brought us (Freeman, BOS, Smyth) .

Yeah, bundles and bundles of cash incoming from Holloway's transfers - especially Goss and Wheeler...

I like how you totally missed the fact that all of SMC's transfers were free's (BFG) or loans. I'd almost guarantee that unless the BFG leaves on a free there will be a profit from selling him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Yeah, bundles and bundles of cash incoming from Holloway's transfers - especially Goss and Wheeler...

I like how you totally missed the fact that all of SMC's transfers were free's (BFG) or loans. I'd almost guarantee that unless the BFG leaves on a free there will be a profit from selling him.
          Laughable! I don't believe for a second we get more for Leinstner than for Freeman, BOS and Smyth together, and possibly Scowen and Smith in addition should they be sold this summer. Even if you delete what we paid for all Holloways signings (peanuts!) Holloway's dealing will be in a different league that those of McClaren.

Comment

Laughable! I don't believe for a second we get more for Leinstner than for Freeman, BOS and Smyth together, and possibly Scowen and Smith in addition should they be sold this summer. Even if you delete what we paid for all Holloways signings (peanuts!) Holloway's dealing will be in a different league that those of McClaren.
            If rumours true league Ollie will be in is League 2! Says it all about how he is now viewed in football. SMC will likely flee to some foreign backwater. We caught both on their way down unfortunately. Just hoping our run of carp appointments has come to an end and we can relax a bit and enjoy the football next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Samuel not forgetting aswell & manning who obviously havnt been sold but he did very well, how anyone can argue that for superbyfarsuperiorsupermac coach manager is plain daft oslos posts bang on & also makes a mockery of that Hits gloating thread where all across the road was patting each other on the back about howgreat it is to have a proper manager lololol, one of the funniest threads going for a bit tbh
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

McClaren was a poor choice and his failure didn't come as a surprise.

Apart from the fact he had one of the worst runs in the clubs recent history, and that says a lot, he completely ruined a recruitment policy that started to work under Holloway. Ollie loyally followed the new policy of looking for gems in the lower leagues or cheap players with a sell on potential. Among others he signed Smyth, BOS and Freeman during his 18 month period. During his last few months he fielded one of the youngest teams in the entire league.

McClaren spent all the money on ex-Premier League loan players and a 36 year old short term signing with a poor injury record. In our present situation with FFP hanging over us this was exactly the strategy that we should not have followed and it brought us backwards. His failure to give youth a chance was part of the reason for his sacking.

I can really not understand why some supporters want to defend McClaren. He brought us less points than Holloway with a better squad and he brought us zero sell on value vs the millions Holloway have brought us (Freeman, BOS, Smyth).

McClaren is history. It was a big failure by Les & co, and it was pretty obvious from the outset, but I admit I am very upbeat about Warburton and I believe this is a great signing for the long term.
                Good post brother oslo
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

long term we dont do
                  And you are talking about Marriage?? Seriously???
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Good post brother oslo
                    How can that be a good post, when factually it is bs about McLaren's spending. He spent £00 in transfer fees as he had no funds,other than wages to pay and agents fees. All his signings were frees and loans.

Oslo did make a good point about McLaren's failure in getting more points and a higher league placing than Ollie's last season. Clearly Mclaren's a better coach and assistant than he is a manager and it is almost certain that he won't be managing at Championship level again unless winning promotion to it (again unlikely), but I doubt that Ollie will either.

Comment

Working...
                    X