Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t get why are people anti McClaren?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpopular opinion: I don’t get why are people anti McClaren?

I don’t fully get it. He lost the first 4 games, he then had a fantastic run putting us in 7th I think it was, at the fans forum he had a lot of credit given to him, he had a very good run in the league cup and for us any run is good but another good run in TheFA Cup. Lumley had a great run of clean sheets, we won away games including Nottingham Forest!

Granted we struggled near the end of the season but in my eyes I thought he did alright. Fans opinions change very quick in my opinion
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

he last months flavour.the loaf is this months
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Is a difficult one. Massively overachieved one part of the season then went polar opposite. Even manged to surpass Ollie's six game losing runs by losing seven on the bounce!

I do think people underestimate (probably not helped by the expectations our good run resulted in) just how big an impact losing Smithies and most of our defence had on the team. The concern was always his good coach questionable manager reputation. He seemed unable to lift us out of our slump once we got into a run of bad results.

May have been ok longer term but can understand why he was got rid of and believe team of Warburton and Eustace potentially quite exciting for us.

Comment

Hasn’t he been sacked?
        "The World is Yours"

Comment

Managers are judged on results. If it wasn't for that short spell of overachieving he would of got us relegated. He had zero answers to our problems and we just got worse and worse as the season progressed which tbh takes some doing. Always been a decent coach but way to nice a bloke to make a success of things when form changes. New manager has my backing and I just hope we have a real change of direction
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Managers are judged on results. If it wasn't for that short spell of overachieving he would of got us relegated. He had zero answers to our problems and we just got worse and worse as the season progressed which tbh takes some doing. Always been a decent coach but way to nice a bloke to make a success of things when form changes. New manager has my backing and I just hope we have a real change of direction
            wow i actually agree with you,i need to sit down

Comment

Trying to post quality over quantity these days. Semi retirement from this site is definitely suiting me leigh

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Trying to post quality over quantity these days. Semi retirement from this site is definitely suiting me leigh
                Have you moved over to the new site as well?

Comment

im standing my ground,shania would be heartbroken if i jumped

Comment

I agree with OP. He got enough points to get us safe with a pretty poor squad. The youth were loaned out on the basis that we were safe and it naturally became difficult to motivate a thin, weak squad without this competition for places. So not really a surprise results suffered and think he was unlucky to get sacked as 19th wasn’t far off most people’s pre-season predictions

Comment

I think what stands out for me after watching the euro games over the last few days is what a poor product we've had to put up with. Not expecting the same sort of quality but surely we deserve some entertainment on a few more occasions. At times is been dire.

Comment

McClaren was a poor choice and his failure didn't come as a surprise.

Apart from the fact he had one of the worst runs in the clubs recent history, and that says a lot, he completely ruined a recruitment policy that started to work under Holloway. Ollie loyally followed the new policy of looking for gems in the lower leagues or cheap players with a sell on potential. Among others he signed Smyth, BOS and Freeman during his 18 month period. During his last few months he fielded one of the youngest teams in the entire league.

McClaren spent all the money on ex-Premier League loan players and a 36 year old short term signing with a poor injury record. In our present situation with FFP hanging over us this was exactly the strategy that we should not have followed and it brought us backwards. His failure to give youth a chance was part of the reason for his sacking.

I can really not understand why some supporters want to defend McClaren. He brought us less points than Holloway with a better squad and he brought us zero sell on value vs the millions Holloway have brought us (Freeman, BOS, Smyth).

McClaren is history. It was a big failure by Les & co, and it was pretty obvious from the outset, but I admit I am very upbeat about Warburton and I believe this is a great signing for the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          McClaren was a poor choice and his failure didn't come as a surprise.

Apart from the fact he had one of the worst runs in the clubs recent history, and that says a lot, he completely ruined a recruitment policy that started to work under Holloway. Ollie loyally followed the new policy of looking for gems in the lower leagues or cheap players with a sell on potential. Among others he signed Smyth, BOS and Freeman during his 18 month period. During his last few months he fielded one of the youngest teams in the entire league.

McClaren spent all the money on ex-Premier League loan players and a 36 year old short term signing with a poor injury record. In our present situation with FFP hanging over us this was exactly the strategy that we should not have followed and it brought us backwards. His failure to give youth a chance was part of the reason for his sacking.

I can really not understand why some supporters want to defend McClaren. He brought us less points than Holloway with a better squad and he brought us zero sell on value vs the millions Holloway have brought us (Freeman, BOS, Smyth).

McClaren is history. It was a big failure by Les & co, and it was pretty obvious from the outset, but I admit I am very upbeat about Warburton and I believe this is a great signing for the long term.
                          long term we dont do

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            im standing my ground,shania would be heartbroken if i jumped
                            I think Norths was asking Weare if he had been invited
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

They wouldn't want me over there. Its a forum that's been created for fans with the same opinion on all things rs. Id rather watch paint dry over their posts

Comment

Working...
                              X