Only 8 of the 72 clubs want FFP changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

I was talking about the clubs stains mentioned , I thought it was spending in second promotion year under H R that we broke FFP rules not after we were promoted , and we carried on breaking rules after religation on big wages of players that that were still on the books
    2013/14 ?We only spent dough on Austin, Phillips and Karl Henry. All the others brought in were on loan weren't they ?

I thought the issue was more the losses we were making and that was down to all the ludicrous contracts we had on players brought in before that season (although the 2013/14 wage bill was probably high as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

2013/14 ?We only spent dough on Austin, Phillips and Karl Henry. All the others brought in were on loan weren't they ?

I thought the issue was more the losses we were making and that was down to all the ludicrous contracts we had on players brought in before that season (although the 2013/14 wage bill was probably high as well)
      You're right as is Jack we never spent a lot on transfer fees but did on wages and we made the mistake of asking for fees for some players that wasn't worth a fee and the wages we was paying , whereas we should have offered free moves , as Fulham should
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-04-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Ah, OK mate fair enough.
        I just have this paranoia that we have been tested the most harshly, then the rules were changed.
        We did break the rules though.
        The hypocrisy of it is we were found to be foul of FFP rule by a panel of ex players ! How many of those would have done the ethical thing and walked away from the wages we was paying ??

Comment

You're right as is Jack we never spent a lot on transfer fees but did on wages and we made the mistake of asking for fees for some players that wasn't worth a fee and the wages we was paying , whereas we should have offered fee moves , as Fulham should
          Yes and that backfired spectacularly when we couldn't get rid of them as no-one else would match those wages.

Comment

The hypocrisy of it is we were found to be foul of FFP rule by a panel of ex players ! How many of those would have done the ethical thing and walked away from the wages we was paying ??
            They're just all bitter that they were being paid in Brut and Shoot! magazines....

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yes and that backfired spectacularly when we couldn't get rid of them as no-one else would match those wages.
              This - plus none of the brains running our club had built any relegation clauses into the players contracts meaning they were still earning ludicrously high wages when we went back down to the Championship.

Comment

Reckon all clubs should pay some sort of bond to the EFL to cover all salaries and costs. The money/bond would be a sort of escrow service that. would guarantee solvency for the season. Then, owner could spend whatever they wanted beyond that... if Saudi Sovereign Wealth Fund wanted to invest £1Trillion in QPR than so be it. Current situation is ridiculous and anti- competitive.

Comment

Working...
                X