Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 8 of the 72 clubs want FFP changed

Why would it only be 8 clubs?

It will be clubs like villa , Leeds , derby , Sheff weds etc. that want to spend there way out of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      It will be clubs like villa , Leeds , derby , Sheff weds etc. that want to spend there way out of the division.
      I would suggest that we are half the size of thoses clubs mentioned and we have tried and spent far more than any other club including quite few Prem sides

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

I would suggest that we are half the size of thoses clubs mentioned and we have tried and spent far more than any other club including quite few Prem sides
        I think that is an outdated view.
        Yes , we overspent badly but there have been far worse examples recently.
        Fulham spent £100m last summer for example. We spent nothing like that in any window.

Comment

I don’t deny that , I’m responding to why the 8 clubs would vote against ffp .

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I think that is an outdated view.
            Yes , we overspent badly but there have been far worse examples recently.
            Fulham spent £100m last summer for example. We spent nothing like that in any window.
            Jack Fulham was a premier League side when the spent that amount therefore have they broken any rules ??

Comment

Jack Fulham was a premier League side when the spent that amount therefore have they broken any rules ??
              They haven’t but the clock will start ticking for them at the start of next season and they will be judged over a 3 year period like all other clubs in the league . They will need to bounce back within a couple of season as I assume there wage bill would be massive .

Comment

I don’t deny that , I’m responding to why the 8 clubs would vote against ffp .
                I can't my head round it myself , it can only be described as restraint of trade , if only eight voted against FFP , we can't blame those that benefit the most the premier League

Comment

They haven’t but the clock will start ticking for them at the start of next season and they will be judged over a 3 year period like all other clubs in the league . They will need to bounce back within a couple of season as I assume there wage bill would be massive .
                  Yes hey have got to cut cloth , but I don't know about you but I never saw them as religation candidates back in August
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-04-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

To be fair, they spent £100m but got £90m in TV money so unless they have kept players on stupid wages (which I would assume they haven't as they aren't run like a lemonade stand) they probably won't even make enough of a loss to get hit on FFP

Comment

Well if they spent over £100 million on players I would assume those players are on premier league wages on 3 and 4 year contracts .They will of course have the parachute payments for a few years but like I said they will need to bounce back in a couple of years or they will be in big trouble financially.

Comment

Their young f/back ?? Is said on a 50m move , and they'd be advised not hang on to players on high wages looking for a fee let them go on a free

Comment

They had been promoted in the same way that we had. We spent nothing like them.
                          My comment was referring to your original quote ' we have tried and spent far more than any other club'

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

They had been promoted in the same way that we had. We spent nothing like them.
                            My comment was referring to your original quote ' we have tried and spent far more than any other club'
                            I was talking about the clubs stains mentioned , I thought it was spending in second promotion year under H R that we broke FFP rules not after we were promoted , and we carried on breaking rules after religation on big wages of players that that were still on the books

Comment

I was talking about the clubs stains mentioned , I thought it was spending in second promotion year under H R that we broke FFP rules not after we were promoted , and we carried on breaking rules after religation on big wages of players that that were still on the books
                              Ah, OK mate fair enough.
                              I just have this paranoia that we have been tested the most harshly, then the rules were changed.
                              We did break the rules though.

Comment

Working...
                              X