This season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season...

That's it for another season and as always QPR managed to deliver one hell of an experience!

Walking to the ground today I was struck by how different I felt this time last year. Despite the ups and downs of Holloway's tenure I remember feeling more connected to the club, and the win against Birmingham with some of the younger players in the side and on the score sheet nicely topped off the season.

Fast forward a year and I'm left feeling a bit numb. Superficially the club has regained some identity with the new badge, but behind the scenes and on the pitch we're still lost.

The apathy was palpable today. The fans left in the ground didn't even feel passionate enough to boo the team, just an acceptance of the situation and
    ​​​​​​its inveitabilty. Wells penalty a fitting end to the season.

Still, I came early, spent all £25 of my QPR cash on a home shirt, bought a programme and fanzine, stayed to the bitter end and even watched some of the lap of honour. Why? I really don't know. Maybe I hate myself?

Will I be back at Loftus Road in August? Of course I will!

​​

I agree with you regarding the Holloway situation, but there are many others who dont want the subject ever discussed again.

For me, there was a sense of progress under Ollie which matched the club's objective to bring along the younger guys. But as we know that strategy changed when, yet again, we got our heads turned by the availability of another high profile manager. SMc then convinced the Board that the young players introduced successfully under Ollie were not good enough, were loaned out and expensive loans brought in with mixed results. And we finish the season with less points than last.

My only wish for next season is that the Board sticks to a strategy for more than one season. If we want to bring along our players whilst slashing the budget, then do it and stick to it.

With the training ground being built, the stadium plans progressing we are heading in the right direction ready to be sold in 3-5 years time. I think we are at the end of our three year FFP cycle and by only spending what we earn over the next three years we will have a club ready for new investors to pump in £35m and start a new three year FFP cycle, but with a stadium approved and a training ground competed. I just hope we can maintain championship football whilst these foundations are being put in place. Even if we slip into L1 we will be ready for takeover with a clean FFP, stadium plans and training ground.

It will be a rough ride next season, and the next three, due to a weakened squad. I hope we can be objective in our criticism of our players during this period.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      That's it for another season and as always QPR managed to deliver one hell of an experience!

Walking to the ground today I was struck by how different I felt this time last year. Despite the ups and downs of Holloway's tenure I remember feeling more connected to the club, and the win against Birmingham with some of the younger players in the side and on the score sheet nicely topped off the season.

Fast forward a year and I'm left feeling a bit numb. Superficially the club has regained some identity with the new badge, but behind the scenes and on the pitch we're still lost.

The apathy was palpable today. The fans left in the ground didn't even feel passionate enough to boo the team, just an acceptance of the situation and
      ​​​​​​its inveitabilty. Wells penalty a fitting end to the season.

Still, I came early, spent all £25 of my QPR cash on a home shirt, bought a programme and fanzine, stayed to the bitter end and even watched some of the lap of honour. Why? I really don't know. Maybe I hate myself?

Will I be back at Loftus Road in August? Of course I will!

​​
      The Lap of Honour or whatever they called it was just plain embarrassing. Could not have been more than 500 fans in total still in the ground. Looked like there were more Stewards! Dreadful.

Comment

Shows you how out of touch and far away from their fanbase. The good word of 2010/11 in bringing everyone together is nothing more than a distant memory and a feeling we will never have again with this board.

Comment

Not had a decent manager since Warnock and yes disconnect with fanbase. Was no better under Ollie. Terrible manager we were lucky we got away with. Only improved when board stepped in before then quite rightly getting rid.

However we have survived, however miserably, and for the first time in years we actually have players coming through. Maybe not world beaters but something. Have to say sending them out on loan right thing. Hardly any of them have more than a few appearances so see what they can do League 1/2 and take it from there. No point putting them in as first team regulars here. Very much doubt they are ready and done nothing whilst on loan to suggest otherwise. The experiences they would have got through being on loan this season could be important if we do want to integrate them more next season.

Also not down on getting loan signings in. We have no money so need a combination of youngsters, free transfers, cheap and cheerful and loans. If we can at last make a decent managerial appointment and work the market as best as possible we have every chance of gradually improving.

Comment

One of the worsed starts to a season I can remember maybe it was actually the worsed
            but tbf we steadied the ship picked up some vital wins and points especially over the Christmas period and mclaren was doing OK
            the loss of rangel and Cameron didn't help and the wheels came off with a record breaking run of losses and we slipped down the table into a relegation scrap after only being 3 pts off the playoffs
            it's not been that fun
            but it could of been a lot worse if we didn't beat Swansea and a draw v millwall
            but overall a season to definate forget
            R's

Comment

Surprised we didn't have a open top bus parade
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
              X