Mark Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    Out of the options mentioned by media, Warburton would also be my choice, but Moore, Calvalhal and Bowyer could also work out - they have decent track record. Sherwood is obviously a no go for me and feels a bit like McClaren's appointment; you know instantly that it will never work out.

Bircham, as much as I liked him as a player, is too inexperienced and therefore too risky. Appleton and Pearce are a bit down my priority list. I am surprised Ainsworth seems to have disappeared from the shortlist, but Warburton is definitely a safer option.

The only disappointment is that Les & co don't seem to look abroad for good candidates. I don't have statistics at hand, but I have a feel that foreign managers on balance have done better than UK managers during the last decade; not at least in the Championship.
    Moore has a decent track record? He is not much brtter than appointing Ramsay.

The squad he had at West Brom should have been in the top 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

They might have been if they didn’t get rid of him

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

They might have been if they didn’t get rid of him
        I doubt it, they have improved results after they sacked him. But in any case, as i said, the squad he had should have been top 2 and been leading the table in much the same way that Wolves did last season.

If Moore is appointed we can expect him to be sacked by January, especially ad the squad is likely to be weakened with one, two or more sales and little expenditure in incoming signings.

the next manager will have to be shewed in the free transfer market and good with bringing the kids through.

Comment

This is spot on. The fact that an Under 23's manager took over and has kept them in the top 6 says it all about Moore's amazing management.

Comment

I doubt it, they have improved results after they sacked him. But in any case, as i said, the squad he had should have been top 2 and been leading the table in much the same way that Wolves did last season.

If Moore is appointed we can expect him to be sacked by January, especially ad the squad is likely to be weakened with one, two or more sales and little expenditure in incoming signings.

the next manager will have to be shewed in the free transfer market and good with bringing the kids through.
            Have they improved? Still in 4th place, so that proves nothing.

Comment

Just seen Moore is now odds on although so have Sherwood, Bircham, Appleton and Warburton been but hands down would prefer Warburton or Bowyer to Moore.

Comment

Sounds a perfect fit after hearing Les talking yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Just seen Moore is now odds on although so have Sherwood, Bircham, Appleton and Warburton been but hands down would prefer Warburton or Bowyer to Moore.
                  Appleton now at West Brom...

Comment

Be interesting to see if any of them turn up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      Be interesting to see if any of them turn up tomorrow.
                      Martin oneil be there,God could he be the new messiah
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I want Roy Keane with his understanding nature

Comment

Not sure Moore did that good a job at WBA considering the squad he had at his disposal. 8 to 9 months as a manager. Does that make him experienced enough??

Comment

Yeah. Mark is gotta be the best appointment.

Comment

Worryingly, there's been a plunge for Darren Moore. He's one of Les's two favoured candidates, and his appointment would cement Les's position.

From what I've seen of DM's work I don't doubt he can motivate, but as a tactician......

By luck rather than judgement we ended up in a situation where we had the time to get this right. There are better candidates out there, Warburton included.

Comment

Les seems very impressed by poor managers, I'd love to do some building work for him,leave half job unfinished,and he be over the moon with me.
                                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                                X