Luongo - tragic and you know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo - tragic and you know...

...The guy has been shocking this season. My sense was that he was hoping to get a few more games in the World Cup last year and get a decent move. That didn't happen (probably because the Australian manager was aware of his limitations), so he's spent most of the season sulking and putting in minimal effort.

He's been just as bad as the rest of the squad (for example, Scowen), but because of his unexplained hero status with the supporters seems to escape criticism. His distribution is woeful, as is his goalscoring record for a central midfielder (isn't it something like eight goals in over 100 appearances?).

Thinks he's a lot better than he is - a distinctly average Championship midfielder who'd struggle to get into Blackburn's starting line-up.

Personally wouldn't be disappointed at all if he left in the summer.

Have to agree, he has progressively got worse as the season has gone on. To the point where I am unsure what kind of centre midfielder he is meant to be. He’s doesn’t really excel in anything, is slow and has poor stamina. Often looks like he is running in treacle after one or two closing down phases. He is very poor in possession and when put under pressure, same goes for Scowen and Cousins. No wonder we can’t keep the ball as a team.

For me, Loungo has one main attribute - sitting deep and breaking play up, but then you have to be able to actually pick the ball up off the centre backs and play through, and sadly, he goes into hiding every time our centre backs have the ball.

Centre midfield needs a complete re-work if we are to progress beyond lower-mid table in the league.

Comment

Great player and worth £3m - hsssshhhh

Comment

He’s just the type of player to return Fulham to the top flight. Be a snip at 7m. I’d cry to lose him but someone that good needs to leave us.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
          ...The guy has been shocking this season. My sense was that he was hoping to get a few more games in the World Cup last year and get a decent move. That didn't happen (probably because the Australian manager was aware of his limitations), so he's spent most of the season sulking and putting in minimal effort.

He's been just as bad as the rest of the squad (for example, Scowen), but because of his unexplained hero status with the supporters seems to escape criticism. His distribution is woeful, as is his goalscoring record for a central midfielder (isn't it something like eight goals in over 100 appearances?).

Thinks he's a lot better than he is - a distinctly average Championship midfielder who'd struggle to get into Blackburn's starting line-up.

Not even our strikers can get eight goals in a season!

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            He’s just the type of player to return Fulham to the top flight. Be a snip at 7m. I’d cry to lose him but someone that good needs to leave us.
            Erm they have Tom Cairney who can return them to the top flight. Surely u are not saying Mas is the same level as him? If you are I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Erm they have Tom Cairney who can return them to the top flight. Surely u are not saying Mas is the same level as him? If you are I'll have a pint of what you're drinking.
              Nope i was being sarcastic. I’ve never rated Luongo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post

A year ago I never could have imagined myself agreeing with most of this, I rated him and only thought he would get better for us with World Cup experience under his belt, we all know how that went, he's not been the same this season and I wonder how much of that is due to the World Cup let down! Add to that as others have mentioned, just when he gets a run of matches and maybe a bit of form he bolts to Asia for a month during non FIFA dates, I think we can get on without him!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

I've watched him since well before he joined us and for Australia and never particularly rated him. On a goood day, he's an average Championship midfielder. Will be very surprised if we got more than a million for him.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Nope i was being sarcastic. I’ve never rated Luongo.
                    Ahh man. I was hoping for a pint of something good

Comment

Agree with much that’s been said. Mass has become a massive disappointment for reasons we may never fully know. Our midfield has too often seemed outplayed and overrun. Assuming we don’t keep Freeman or Cameron, the midfield needs a total revamp at a time when we have little money.

Comment

a mass -ive disappointment , goes missing never takes the game by the scruff . i dont know his best position , huffs and puffs a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

Not even our strikers can get eight goals in a season!
                          Sylla would have been in double figures had he not been frozen out by McLaren.

As for Luongo , he is a good midfielder and I would hate to see him sold for less than £7m, but given the situation the club is in it has to happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X