No announcement yet.

Who do we keep and who goes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the record I don’t rate Lynch - but the reality is we will be keeping some bang average players even if they are deemed to be squad players as stated in my post. If Lynch take a pay cut to become a squad player then he might be deemed useful.

IMO due to our financial restrictions we will retain some players that most of us would flog.

In terms of the comments over valuation our players, I really don’t think so.

Eze is a England u20 player who is being watched by Pre#####r league clubs and for an outlay of 8-10 mill that is relatively cheap for most teams in the league above.

Freeman will command 4,4 or 6 mill due to his creativity and could walk into a top champ team easily.

I also think it’s mkre than conceivable that we could get 3/4 mill for both Luongo and Leinster if the club opt to sell them.

Those 4 players should easily bring the club in 15 mill plus and if we negotiate properly maybe more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree with this , every player out of contract should go . As for the player valuations , £4-5 million for Luongo , no chance , more like £400k.
      He’s highly rated by a lot of championship teams. Can see the likes of Forest offering 3-5 mill for him.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

He’s highly rated by a lot of championship teams. Can see the likes of Forest offering 3-5 mill for him.
        I admire your optimism but not a hope in hell , unless forest are looking for someone to smash the ball up in the air continuously like he did yesterday.

Comment

Just for the record I don’t rate Lynch - but the reality is we will be keeping some bang average players even if they are deemed to be squad players as stated in my post. If Lynch take a pay cut to become a squad player then he might be deemed useful.

IMO due to our financial restrictions we will retain some players that most of us would flog.

In terms of the comments over valuation our players, I really don’t think so.

Eze is a England u20 player who is being watched by Pre#####r league clubs and for an outlay of 8-10 mill that is relatively cheap for most teams in the league above.

Freeman will command 4,4 or 6 mill due to his creativity and could walk into a top champ team easily.

I also think it’s mkre than conceivable that we could get 3/4 mill for both Luongo and Leinster if the club opt to sell them.

Those 4 players should easily bring the club in 15 mill plus and if we negotiate properly maybe more.
          Well that's already £5 - £12m less than before and still overstated in my opinion. Eze £8 -£10m for a player who cannot currently get in a low Championship team. Luongo £3 - £5m for an inconsistent player who has to disappear to the other side of the world every now and then. Leistner £3-£4m for a slow average player who is part of the 4th worst defence in the Championship? If our players are worth that much we wouldn't be struggling near the bottom of the Championship.

Comment

Have to sell Luongo. Really gets my goat that we miss him for a month or more every season as he jets off to Borneo jungle to sit on the bench for Oz. Then he cones back and takes another few weeks to get back Into it again. I like Mas but we can't keep nor afford passengers.

Comment

Keep Lumley, Furlong, Leistner, Scowen, Manning, BOS, Chair, Smith, Smyth and Pav. Would like to keep Eze and Freeman but if we can get 5 million in total for the two, let them go. Frees for all others except Luongo, I'd take 400,000 gladly for him but think we'll sell for 250,000 quid.

Comment

BTW, what's happened to Penrice and his renowned scouting ability??

Comment

I've just realised how the above sounds, I'm not talking dib dib dib, and tying reef knots here...

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                    Keep Lumley, Furlong, Leistner, Scowen, Manning, BOS, Chair, Smith, Smyth and Pav. Would like to keep Eze and Freeman but if we can get 5 million in total for the two, let them go. Frees for all others except Luongo, I'd take 400,000 gladly for him but think we'll sell for 250,000 quid.
                    Agree with all of that apart from pav , he has offered nothing for a very long time now and needs to move on .

Comment

If anyone says they’d resign hemed or Wells I hope the Easter bunny hasn’t brought you anything today . JN

Comment

Think it depends on what we can afford would love to see the back of Lynch & Cousins , Wsolac Bidwell out of contract so all about money, Hamed & wells wont be back Cameron? think Freeman will leave but probably for not as much as we may expect to get, our sales have been awful lately players leaving on the cheap, not sure they'll be too many offers for Luongo very over rated by many on here. Eze WELL ???can't see too many interested there either,after a very disappointing last half of season, Furlong has to be play CB doesn't fit in anywhere else, oh and Hall constantly injured if his contract is up it shouldn't be renewed unless pay as you play. so the rest is probably looking towards the youngsters like Chair, BOS, Smyth, & Manning to keep us going next season, but without a big change feel we're odds on for the drop sadly

Comment

In my honest opinion we are safe and although we have been poor the last few months we deserve to stay in the league if we have accumulated enough points to do so.

I think most of us all knew we were in for a long hard season this year with the ultimate aim was not to get relegated.

However, it seems this season is going to look like a walk in the park compared to what we can expect next season if the rumours are true that we have to slash our wage bill from 29 mill to 11 mill per season.

This obviously means we will be selling some of our prize assets imo. Who do we keep and who goes? Also, am I the only one who can’t understand why we are looking at a 30k seater stadium if we are flirting with league 1 and average 13/14k fans a season?

I would keep the following and not because I think they are all superstars but the reality is we need a squad of some sort next year -

Lumley
                          Hall
                          Bidwell
                          Furlong
                          Lynch
                          BOS
                          Smyth
                          Scowen
                          Manning
                          Wsolev
                          Chair
                          Manning

Rangel and Cameron to be signed of we can agree the right wages maybe a lower basic with appearance incentives ect

Sell -

Leinster - 3-5 mill
                          Eze - 8-10 mill
                          Luongo - 4-5 mill
                          Freeman - 5-7 mill

The club imo can generate somewhere between 15-25 mill in sales this summer and if they can re invest 8-10 mill then we might be able to find a few lower league gems with a couple of savvy loan signings.

It seems like every season we need a rebuild but this summer is going to be very interesting indeed.

Ha ha, oh don't make me laugh! My sides are splitting! We won't get half those figures for the players you are saying should be sold. I'd personally sell Luongo and Eze for what we can get, and my estimate would be £1m tops for Lunongo, and probably £2m if we are lucky plus sell on clauses and add ons for Eze.

I'd keep the BFG as he has been solid and at least looks comfortable on the ball, and hopefully try and keep our best player Freeman who is the only player we have in the squad who can create chances!

All the loan players and those out of contract can be shown the door I'm sad to say. I would have liked to have seen Pav show some of that form he showed last season, but he is sadly lacking. So for me, the squad will have to rely on the younger players in the main, plus the odd sprinkling of experience. For me...and God help us...I'd do this :

Give away/send back/sell : Ingram, Bidwell, Hall, Baptiste, Lynch, Cameron, Goss, Cousins, Luongo, Wszolek, Eze, Hemed, Wells.

Leaving us with : Lumley, Dieng, Furlong, Rangel, Haameleinen, Kakay, Philips, Leistner, Manning, Freeman, Scowen, Owens, Chair, BOS, Shodipo, Smyth, Wheeler, Oteh, Smith.

So with no new additions and having to rely on the above to pick a starting X1, have the powers that be considered how it might look if we are to slash the wage bill to £11m from £25m? Take a look Uncle Bungle and Evil Les, we could start the season with this....

Lumley

Rangel Furlong Leistner Manning

Scowen

Chair Freeman

BOS Oteh Smyth

Little bit light weight? Lets face it, 8 of the above X1 have been playing most games recently anyway!!! Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Ha ha, oh don't make me laugh! My sides are splitting! We won't get half those figures for the players you are saying should be sold. I'd personally sell Luongo and Eze for what we can get, and my estimate would be £1m tops for Lunongo, and probably £2m if we are lucky plus sell on clauses and add ons for Eze.

I'd keep the BFG as he has been solid and at least looks comfortable on the ball, and hopefully try and keep our best player Freeman who is the only player we have in the squad who can create chances!

All the loan players and those out of contract can be shown the door I'm sad to say. I would have liked to have seen Pav show some of that form he showed last season, but he is sadly lacking. So for me, the squad will have to rely on the younger players in the main, plus the odd sprinkling of experience. For me...and God help us...I'd do this :

Give away/send back/sell : Ingram, Bidwell, Hall, Baptiste, Lynch, Cameron, Goss, Cousins, Luongo, Wszolek, Eze, Hemed, Wells.

Leaving us with : Lumley, Dieng, Furlong, Rangel, Haameleinen, Kakay, Philips, Leistner, Manning, Freeman, Scowen, Owens, Chair, BOS, Shodipo, Smyth, Wheeler, Oteh, Smith.

So with no new additions and having to rely on the above to pick a starting X1, have the powers that be considered how it might look if we are to slash the wage bill to £11m from £25m? Take a look Uncle Bungle and Evil Les, we could start the season with this....

Lumley

Rangel Furlong Leistner Manning

Scowen

Chair Freeman

BOS Oteh Smyth

Little bit light weight? Lets face it, 8 of the above X1 have been playing most games recently anyway!!! Opinions?

Good post.

Agree with most, but feel we really have to sell Freeman to be able to fund plugging the gaps elsewhere. Chair will come in as a ready made replacement (hopefully)

I'd keep Big Toni and Rangel like you say. The rest will have to go.

Comment

No matter who we sell and keep from this poor squad we will have to hope the new manager can work wonders with a very inexperienced thin squad short on quality, I will be shocked if we don't get relegated!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

The 3 teams coming down will have plenty to loan out as long as we ain't gotta pay their full wages.

Comment

Working...
                                X