No announcement yet.

Is Joe Lumley good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is pis spoor..... an average League 1 GK. With our League 2 attack. No wonder we lose games.

Comment

Yeah, good enough for us. Who can we replace him with for peanuts ? Don't forget he has been playing behind a dodgy defence nearly all season.

Comment

Well he wasn't first choice at start of season..... Reckon that says a lot really. Personally, I don't think he has any aura or presence about him - doesn't dominate the area or convey any confidence. He's just adequate, which given our porous defence, isn't really good enough. We need a solid good keeper who gives attackers the impression he'd happily go through them with fists/boots if given the chance --Joe's just too soft.

Comment

OR...Joe Lumley is in dire need of a goalie coach who can improve his skills and his mental/emotional approach to the game. With that said, if someone wants to pay us good money for him would not be upset to see him move on.

Comment

https://www.football.london/queens-p...ounty-16163944
            Goalkeeper: Joe Lumley - 9
            Made some crucial saves throughout to keep Derby at bay. Had a good game.

Right back: Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Struggled against Tom Lawrence who caused a lot of problems with his movement. Worked hard but not convincing at full-back.

Central defender: Darnell Furlong - 8
            Had a really good game. Made some crucial last-ditch challenges to stop Derby from breaking in behind. Looked very comfortable at centre-back.

Central defender: Geoff Cameron - 7
            Gave away a free-kick in a dangerous position early on but recovered well. Looked fairly comfortable at centre-back and made some good clearances.

Left back: Ryan Manning - 7
            Provided a real threat going forward down the left, but allowed Harry Wilson too much space to fizz crosses in. Generally had a good game though.

Right midfielder: Luke Freeman - 6
            A good display. Drifted infield and was able to influence play from behind the strikers. Unlucky not to score with a fierce first half effort. Gave away a stupid penalty to cost QPR the game.

Central midfielder: Massimo Luongo - 6
            Had a good game. Made some crucial challenges in midfield as he looked to break up Derby's play.

Central midfielder: Josh Scowen - 6
            Put himself about but a little outnumbered by Derby's midfield. Booked for a reckless foul in the second half.

Left midfielder: Bright Osayi-Samuel - 7
            Looked lively throughout. Put Scott Malone under a lot of pressure and came very close to teeing up Tomer Hemed for an opener with an excellent bit of play.

Striker: Tomer Hemed - 6
            Looked sharp but certainly didn't have his shooting boots with him. Very unfortunate not to capitalise on Osayi-Samuel's excellent second half run and cross.

Striker: Nahki Wells - 6
            A lively display but lacking quality. Should have done better with a decent chance in the first half.

Comment

Besr of a bad pair and insisted before a ball was kicked that we were short after Smithies leaving. Cannot go again with Lumley as distribution is poor and he is slow getting down.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Yeah, good enough for us. Who can we replace him with for peanuts ? Don't forget he has been playing behind a dodgy defence nearly all season.
                His rookie season and playing in a role where every error is noticed. Outfield players make mistakes without being noticed so much.

He'll get better...

Comment

Been saying for a long time that we need someone like Lee Camp to either provide competition for Lumley or just to simply be a reliable pair of hands that can step in when needed.

Comment

We do like to write players off early - Lumley is still learning - up until preseason he was our 3rd choice keeper - He will be a top keeper - he needs to calm down a bit - but is still learning in terms of Keepers he is at the start of a career that could last 15 more years...Is this not part of Developing the youth that people keep banging on about? yes he is going to make mistakes we have to accept that if this is now are future but with that defence in front of him he has been asked to deal with a lot this year! I agree that an older keeper as back up would be a good idea.

Comment

I agree with the last post, with one caveat: he needs coaching badly, not just on the mechanics but in the mind. If that's an older goalie, or a very astute coach, I'm not sure. But what we see today is a keeper whose confidence is shot.

Comment

Learning???? Jesus wept - it's been his career for what....... 8 years? If he can't read the game, marshall the defence, kick long and straight, know when to come/when to stay, catch a cross, parry balls away from danger at this age he never will.
                        I don't expect him to be Lev Yashin but we must be able to do better. As for goalkeeping coaching, I'd say get best goalkeeping coach available and then tell him he can go in goal if he's so bleeding good!
                        I'm convinced the start of our decline from top London side began with the signing of Jürgen Sommer as keeper - he was rubbish, cost us at least 12 points and put us on the slide. Solid GK is an absolute prerequisite for any club with aspirations of success.

Comment

Some very depresding posts here. We are not Man Utd for goodness sake. Be realistic. He is very young for a keeper and has huge potential. Some of his distribution has been particularly good and he has had some Very good games. Don’t forget what he has in front of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Learning???? Jesus wept - it's been his career for what....... 8 years? If he can't read the game, marshall the defence, kick long and straight, know when to come/when to stay, catch a cross, parry balls away from danger at this age he never will.
                            I'm amazed he wasn't kicked out of football aged 10 if he's that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                              Some very depresding posts here. We are not Man Utd for goodness sake. Be realistic. He is very young for a keeper and has huge potential. Some of his distribution has been particularly good and he has had some Very good games. Don’t forget what he has in front of him!
                              Unfortunately he is a #### poor keeper. I said from day 1 he looks double dodgy and nothing has suggested to me that there is something to tap into.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

4th best clean sheet record in the division so I'm guessing he is not as bad as some on here think...

Comment

Working...
                                X