Scowen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scowen

Greetings from a new member. Did anyone else think playing JS in the centre of 3 (presumably a 4-2-3-1) yesterday was a revelation? Personally though the was amazing and caused Swansea untold problems. Should he carry on there or was it just tactical for yesterday.

Welcome Dave (we may have to rename the forum, we are the Dave boys, with the amount of Dave's we are accumulating
    I think Scowen was immense yesterday, never stopped running and obviously caused Swansalona untold problems.
    I think yesterday was for tactical reasons initially to try and stop Swansea from playing out from the back, however, he played that role so well, I would like to see him try the same on Friday.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Personally, was impressed by Eustace tactical switch from Wednesday, where we played 4-4-2, (possibly even, 4-1-3-2), to a 4-1-4-1 (or fluid 4-3-3) yesterday, demonstrating the ability to address teams perceived strengths/weaknesses. This is in stark contrast to Mclaren, who played a rigid formation, regardless of opposition.

The one clear pattern of both games was to deploy a deep lying number 6- Cameron weds, and Mass yday. The pressing by the two 8s, scowen and Cousins, was excellent, as was the contribution of BOS and Freeman- all 4 did it in concert.

Comment

Scowen is probably playing in the role where he impressed in while at Barnsley. He was close to MOM,yesterday. Imo.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

By far the best game he has had for us was absolutely everywhere yesterday- is a red card waiting to happen though- he treds such a fine line with some of his tackles

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Scowen is probably playing in the role where he impressed in while at Barnsley. He was close to MOM,yesterday. Imo.
            I think you are right about Barnsley.
            I voted for him as MOTM on the QPR app yesterday, he just never gave up.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I think he takes a lot of stick on here, some of it deserved and a lot of it not, agree his aggression can sometimes look like he is a "red card waiting to happen" but sometimes you have to roll the dice with a player like that and hope he doesn't mis-time his tackles! I think he has had some very good matches for us and is suited to that central role, hopefully he continues to play well, I would start him Friday!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I think you are right about Barnsley.
                I voted for him as MOTM on the QPR app yesterday, he just never gave up.
                It`s so important that he is covered, Him as a holding midfielder is very risky.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Best player for us by a mile on Saturday, excellent game

Comment

Scowen has had 2 very good games in CM and it is simply because he is allowed to go forward. Put him further back and he tries to make passes or get forward too often exposing the defence on counter attacks.

Also gets back and puts a tackle in. Being played where it suits him best has made a massive difference.
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 15-04-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

So if that's his best position and he played there for Barnsley and was good....... thinking now I remember seeing the clips,then what dumbo thought it was clever to play him in a different position....brains qpr

Comment

Tactical only

Swansea had 75% possession or something like that

If he played there in a game where we are intending to have the majority of possession you would see his limitations

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                          If he played there in a game where we are intending to have the majority of possession you would see his limitations
                          Can't see us having the most possession that often to be fair.
                          Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 16-04-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

scowen was good saturday , closing down quickly , tackling, fitness . thought him and cousins got it right on the pitch

Comment

Absolute irritant ratting about midfield - I love him!

Comment

Working...
                              X