Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith

He may not be the most skilfull, however, when he plays, Matt Smith adds a threat to our attacks. With a little bit of luck, he could have won it for the R's. That first time shot on the turn was superb and his headers caused havoc in the Millwall defence. I cannot understand why he is left on the bench most of the time. Wells is a good footballer, Can chase and find openings, however, he scores very little for all the time he played. The same can be said of Hemed. Overall he is a better player, however, he seems uninterested. For me, Smith must be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I like Smith in the team as long as the rest of em don't try lumping it to
    him everytime.
    Used properly he is a good weapon for us

Comment

An aerial threat all game....but his legs had gone after an hour..but his physical presence does give our attack more potency...

Comment

Should have kept Wells on and taken Smith off last night. Unless we're on top and getting Smith the delivery he needs he becomes a dead weight and might as well be playing with 10 men.Smith is one of the worst players I've ever seen. He's so limited in what he brings to the team and massively relys on the team around him with out giving anything in return. Goals aside, if there was a heat map showing were he scores from and his movement and touches you'd see how #### he is. The amount of support he needs from the team in relation to how many goals he scores is dissproportionate. He can't run, he can't dribble, he doesn't win it in the air. We shouldn't set up a team with him starting, he's an impact sub at best. He's scored one important goal this season the other 5 haven't made a difference.

​​​​​

Comment

Smith was Our most effective player on Wednesday night, gave the something to think about kept their centre backs busy

Comment

Wells works hard and harasses the oppo but other than that we have nothing up front without Smith.
            He's not great but no one wants to be marking a lump who may not win loads of headers but he does draw fouls and in turn free kicks.
            just him being on the pitch as a second man up front causes problems and Wells should love it as he will get knock downs and much needed support up top.
            In recent weeks our "out ball" was just to their keeper or CBs now it should release someone else to get forward when Smith is helping out defensively which he is very good at.
            We are on our Knees as a team in terms of players out of contract and no money so to write off one of the few who is not great but does put himself about (Yes in a small area) does create for others whether it is space or Goals.
            He is the only Lump we have at the club and its proven in recent months that EZe is nowhere near up to the task backing up the striker.
            Lets get safe and I think we will only see maybe 3/4 of the match squad starting line up at Rangers next season and you may be wishing some of them back when we have no money to replace them.

Comment

We was always going into the Millwall game wanting a 0-0. They know our team is one of the worst in the league so we are trying to get over the line with some draws with the potential of nicking a 1-0 win. Smith could be the answer with a lucky goal.

Comment

Works his plums off in every game...that is why he is dead on his feet around 80 minutes

Comment

the header he put over the bar was easier to score , doesn't win enough of his aerial challenges , can't run , impact sub at best for me

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    the header he put over the bar was easier to score , doesn't win enough of his aerial Smith get into challenges , can't run , impact sub at best for me
                    Smith gets himself into good positions to score. Compare his attempts on goal to Wells. He had a very good first time shot and at least three good headers. How about Wells? We all know he is not all running and chasing...it is not his game. However, the thing he is supposed to do, he does it very well. We all know that our team is not that great. What are you expecting....to sign Aguero or Rashford? For our level, he is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

Smith gets himself into good positions to score. Compare his attempts on goal to Wells. He had a very good first time shot and at least three good headers. How about Wells? We all know he is not all running and chasing...it is not his game. However, the thing he is supposed to do, he does it very well. We all know that our team is not that great. What are you expecting....to sign Aguero or Rashford? For our level, he is brilliant.
                      come on you've got to want better than smith up front

Comment

It is not what you want better, it's what you can afford. Nice to have expectations, however, being realistic makes more sense to me.

Comment

It is just a shame that Smith can only let the ball hit his head. If he could only direct the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            It is just a shame that Smith can only let the ball hit his head. If he could only direct the ball.
                            Playing that way, he was our top scorer last season, and in his few appearances this season, he is up there with some goals as well. I think the end result makes all the logic about Smith.

Comment

I would keep it tight today - pack the midfield out again and have Smith as the vocal point up top.

wsolev manning scowen Freeman BOS

Smith

bring wells on later on in the game and use his energy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X