Potential New Investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southport View Post
    No idea if there is any truth in this, but the advantage would be that the owners could get PSG to loan out players not good enough for their first team squad to QPR (where hopefully they would be good enough) whilst there is no loan fee and PSG can absorb their wages. If it were to happen this would be an option
    true that. if we do get these new owners then my only wish is that we DON'T become a moneybags team that signs everyone and anyone again, i'd rather we became like bournemouth or something like that.

i'd still want a focus on bringing through youth players and signing diamonds in the rough but just having more stability really

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Sleeping giant rules us out!
      Club with a potential big fan base also rules us out.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

true that. if we do get these new owners then my only wish is that we DON'T become a moneybags team that signs everyone and anyone again, i'd rather we became like bournemouth or something like that.

i'd still want a focus on bringing through youth players and signing diamonds in the rough but just having more stability really

Having wealthy owners who are willing to splash cash isn't the issue, the FFP rules are...have you not been paying attention the last few years?

We can swap wealthy owners for more wealthy owners, but they won't suddenly put another 10-15k on the attendances bringingg in more gate receipts, or miraculously turn Loftus Road into a social and corporate money making operation.... the means simply aren't there which is what's seriously restricting us and others in similar situations. So nobody can come in and just sign players left, right and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Having wealthy owners who are willing to splash cash isn't the issue, the FFP rules are...have you not been paying attention the last few years?

We can swap wealthy owners for more wealthy owners, but they won't suddenly put another 10-15k on the attendances bringingg in more gate receipts, or miraculously turn Loftus Road into a social and corporate money making operation.... the means simply aren't there which is what's seriously restricting us and others in similar situations. So nobody can come in and just sign players left, right and centre.
          Their firms can buy an executive box for the season - cost £5m. Naming rights for Loftus Road - £10m. All of a sudden there's an extra £15m of their money to 'invest' in players. How do you think Man City get away with it - inflated sponsorship.

Comment

Best off out of it. Let the current owners sort out the training ground and balance the books and once the club is in more stable position sell. We don't want to be a feeder club, at least the posisition we're in now we have some semblance of independence instead of being part of big sporting conglomerate.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Their firms can buy an executive box for the season - cost £5m. Naming rights for Loftus Road - £10m. All of a sudden there's an extra £15m of their money to 'invest' in players. How do you think Man City get away with it - inflated sponsorship.

I know what can be done in theory, but in reality the governing bodies are scrutinising the potential loopholes, hence Man City for one are being investigated for exactly that. Equally do you think if its as simple as that to eliminate the risk of ffp, that our very financially astute current owners wouldnt have gone down that road instead of paying out a huge fine instead??

I think if a box price is for arguments sake £20k for a season, then suddenly after a takeover it's purchased by a company of the owner for £5m a season the regulators will perhaps notice don't you...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

FFP is a farce though and doesn't even matter really when you're in the prem earning 180m+ just from tv rights and the premier league stuff. plus there are other ways around it like using a company to be a shirt sponsor and paying a lot for that privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

FFP is a farce though and doesn't even matter really when you're in the prem earning 180m+ just from tv rights and the premier league stuff. plus there are other ways around it like using a company to be a shirt sponsor and paying a lot for that privilege.

Yeah obviously, but the problems are when you aren't in the prem as is the case with us. Wolves would've been screwed had they not gone up for example, but because they did everything is ok.

Comment

Get a decent manager in who can get a bunch of unknowns to play as a team and off we go. It's all a myth needing to spend billions to get to the "promised land". It can help, but it is no guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Get a decent manager in who can get a bunch of unknowns to play as a team and off we go. It's all a myth needing to spend billions to get to the "promised land". It can help, but it is no guarantee.
                      we've got one in John Eustace . JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

we've got one in John Eustace . JN
                        Big Gilet Eustace !

Comment

i still don't reckon its likely that we'll be bought over the likes of forest and villa but i was thinking more about what we have to offer that those clubs don't.

1) we've got a new modern training facility being built, every top team needs state of the art facilities like that to better the team.

2) we're a london club so do have access to a bigger fan base, look at fulham for example. 25 years ago when my dad was going to them they were far smaller than they are now but have pretty much tripled in size in regards to fanbase to the point they're probably bigger than us now. same goes for brentford, they're not as big as us but have recently gotten much more support due to their success.

3) we could potentially get a stadium up to 45k seats at the linford christie site, that'd be even bigger than stamford bridge and many other grounds in the country.

4) we'd be far cheaper than forest or villa to buy. their owners could expect a hefty fee for their clubs whereas ours would probably take much less. i don't think it'd take much to persuade tony, ruben and the mittals to sell as for the most part they're uninterested it seems compared to when they first bought us.

5) we have a far lower wage bill and expenditure than forest and villa do. they're paying players upwards of 50k a week sometimes and have a large squad compared to ours. our squad doesn't have any expensive average players still on the books. new owners coukd come in and have pretty much a clean slate to work with

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            Sleeping giant rules us out!
                            More like napping midgets.

Comment

dont matter if richest bloke in world bought us. Can’t spend nothing. Ffp means small teams stay small, big teams stay big . Can’t compete. We missed the boat when the board killed us twice over when we was in prem but got relegated twice. Dreams over

Comment

Working...
                              X